Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner October 2015

Flameless candles

Vicki2015, 24 of July of 2015 at 09:15 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend a flameless candle that is a realistic colour? We are having our wedding in a listed building so we are not allowed real candles. I'm not a massive fan of fake candles but I thought if they are out of view in a votive then hopefully we can get a similar effect to a real candle. But the ones I've tried so far look too orange in colour when 'lit'.

Can anyone recommend some that have a more realistic colour?

7 replies

Latest activity by NYE_Bride, 25 of July of 2015 at 13:32
  • H
    Beginner August 2015
    HappyPinkCars361 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

We are using Real candles which we will burn down a bit ourselves, and then putting a battery operated tealight inside (where the flame would normally be). You can get the tealights quite cheap off amazon, and you can get ones which flicker to look like real flames. It should look like this.......

• V
    Beginner October 2015
    Vicki2015 ·
    • Hide content

Oh I never thought of that, great idea! I'll give that a try and see how it looks - thanks Smiley smile X

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

We bought some from the range to test before we go ahead with it. They look like real candles and are actually made out of wax. There where two types one wher you could see the fake flame and another where the candle was burnt down and the flame was inside the candle. We went for the last one and they look pretty good. It also comes with a remote to turn them on and off so you don't have to go round switching them on. We looked on eBay and the do the same style ones which work out a bit cheaper.

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

They looked like this

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I was also going to suggest the range

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine off eBay (still got them in the loft!). I bought some that were slightly pink in colour so they didn't have that orange tinge to them. Could be worth checking other colours?

The Range is good but unless they have an offer on, I did find them a lot more expensive than eBay. Depends how many you need to get though!

• E
    Beginner October 2015
    elvira-darkside ·
    • Hide content

Why havent i heard of these?!! shoppedy-shopping-shop-shop.....

• NYE_Bride
    Beginner December 2015
    NYE_Bride ·
    • Hide content

They look like a brilliant idea! We are allowed candles at our venue but I may look into these for some places, thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics