Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2014

**Flash!!** My dream, budget busting car!

Shirelley, 20 January, 2013 at 13:25 Posted on Planning 0 13

So, I'm getting married on a bit of a budget, have so far compromised with my dress (£100 from eBay, but it is stunning!) Doing all my own invites, favours, centrepieces etc. We have a caterer who does an all inclusive package, including our meal for 80, buffet, cake, limos for 2 runs on the day, flowers, MC, bar etc! My wonderful OH managed to save us £200 on our band. So.... today I was looking at wedding cars, Id be happy in the limo but OH is saying no! and I found this!!

It is £399, but I have emailed the company as I only need it for one run (getting married and reception in same place) and its on a Wednesday!

So its taken me over budget but right now I am so in love with it, I'd rather eat beans on toast for the next year Smiley laugh

Just thought I'd share! Opinions welcome Smiley heart x

13 replies

Latest activity by *Pugsley*, 22 January, 2013 at 13:39
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Lush. It wouldn't have fitted with my style of wedding - we ended up with "executive taxis" instead of a proper car - but before deciding on taxis, we were looking at Mustangs, etc. Any car that is a bit out of the ordinary is fine by me!

• Louby1404
    Beginner June 2013
    Louby1404 ·
    • Hide content

Good on you. Nothing wrong with beans on toast!!!! ?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Wow its like a real life Penelope pitstop car!!!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I absolutely love it.

Shame not many others will see it because the ceremony and reception is all in one place and you only need it to take you there, as it's a fab car!

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content

OH wants a budget busting car. It's £350 at least i think and he's only getting it from a hotel to the venue.

• Honky
    Beginner October 2013
    Honky ·
    • Hide content

So so cool!

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

AMAZING! it's a beaute! I hope you have got a good tog to get decent photos of you in it!

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I love the car, do we get to see your wedding dress too?

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Love it!!

Hope they give you a good discount for mid-week so you can have it :-).

• Rhoslyn
    Beginner July 2013
    Rhoslyn ·
    • Hide content

Oh that is lovely- my heart just skipped a beat! I really love this style of car. My dad was trying to get me a thunderbird and couldn't and has got me something else (but it's a surprise).

My opinion is- when else would you be able to travel in something like this?

R xxx

• F
    Beginner August 2013
    Frogface ·
    • Hide content

I quite like beans and toast...i would LOVE them if it meant I got this for my wedding!! x

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Shirelley ·
    • Hide content

Update!! Emailed the lovely chap at the showroom and he is giving me full hire with a 10% discount. Its not much but its money in our pocket Smiley laugh I also checked our budget, and I had budgeted for a limo, but as the package included one, Im only £135 over budget. OH has said that he really wants me to have it so we're gonna book it!! Yay!!!

*AlyJ66, theres pics of my dress here https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/359227.aspx Smiley laugh obv needs a petticoat added and the 5month preg baby bump taken away lol xxx

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Love Love Love that car !! ?

My OH owns a 1970 mustang and he has done a couple of weddings with it this year although I do think it was used as the groom's transport on both occasion.

The other love of his life -

Sorry for massive pic !

L x

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I'm so glad that you got the car for not an awful lot more than you budgeted!

Also, I've had a look at your dress... beautiful! What a bargain too!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics