Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BridalButterfly2012
Beginner June 2012

Flash of size 18+ brides in their dresses please

BridalButterfly2012, 8 January, 2012 at 18:32

Posted on Planning 37

Hi all , I am having a lil bit of a confidence melt down. I am currently a size 18 and hoping to get down to at least a size 14-16. I would love to see all those gorgeous 18+ birdes in their dresses and know how good you all look and exactly how lovely your dresses made you look and feel. Thank you...

Hi all ,

I am having a lil bit of a confidence melt down. I am currently a size 18 and hoping to get down to at least a size 14-16. I would love to see all those gorgeous 18+ birdes in their dresses and know how good you all look and exactly how lovely your dresses made you look and feel.

Thank you x

37 replies

• Blairwitch
    Beginner July 2005
    Blairwitch ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The 3rd one (BR 2058A) is my favourite. A stunning gown

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all i have only just seen the rest of your replies. Thank yuo so much to all of you, i feel so so much better now to know i am not on my own with these worries. You all look stunning in your dresses and i hope i will look half as good as you all do in mine.

I have ordered my dress it is a Phil collins Bridal one with lots of sparkle on the bodice.

Regarding a bolero i may look for a cheap stand by one from ebay just in case but i too have a veil and think this should be ok in it's self as my arms aren't huge. I just thinkin that when the veil is placed right when dress fitting etc that it may fall behind me on the day when getting my photo's done and no one inc me may think to fix it for me where a bolero won't budge. Never mind just a bit of a worrier really.

As soon as i have my first fitting i will post a pic and you can all give me your advice.

Keep the pics coming the are all great.

x

• C
    Beginner June 2012
    Country Flower ·
    • Hide content

Its between the first and the third for me, but think I'd go with the third - it looks stunning and very flattering x

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi BB

From a fellow size 18 ? bride , please dont worry and dont have a confidence meltdown. You are what you are and people love you for who you are. When i got measured for my dress (at the time as i was size 20), my measurements equalled as size 24!!! This didnt freak me out because i knew i had found my dream dress and, like you wanted to lose a little bit of weight. By the time i got married i got down to a size 18 and got to my ideal weight and felt totally and utterly fab. The dress had to come in 3 inches on either side. I felt a million dollars on the day and size is but a number. Please dont fret. Here are a few photos of my dress.

wiping away tears

excuse the scowl ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics