Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsHD2015
Beginner June 2015

Flash your fishtail/mermaid style wedding dress

MrsHD2015, 22 of February of 2014 at 13:41 Posted on Planning 0 16

It's a bit of an odd request but I am considering this style but would love to see it on some real brides first? ( I am sick of looking at the same stick thin bean pole models!)

16 replies

Latest activity by Aykay, 24 of February of 2014 at 19:20
  • *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Frills might not be everyone's taste but this is mine! :-)

• A
    Beginner July 2014
    Aykay ·
    • Hide content

First attempt so may be huge or tiny

Not the most flattering pic but it looks amazing in real life...I think so anyway.

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

When I tried mine on it made me look and feel so slim and was much more flattering than the A-line styles I tried on but compared to the model I look quite chubby (and I'm not!) Thread with a flash of me in my dress-- https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/425631.aspx

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Never thought I would go for a fishtail!

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content

Heres mine. it needs taking in a fair bit to give it more of a fishtail look but I ordered a size up as I was worried about a) not getting it over my bum and b) not being able to walk in it.

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

This was me trying one on last week. I'm a 14 and was very surprised how slim I looked in it.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol that's what sold me on the style. Does amazing things for a curvy figure. My dresser told me not to lose too much weight too. "You need curves for a dress like this" . I think they look so much better on real people than the sticks in weird poses lol. It's why I glossed over my choice originally. Xx

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

The first one I tried on was similar and my mum loved it. A lovely slim girl came in and tried it on and fell in love with it, but my mum said it looked better on my big bum ?

• A
    Beginner July 2014
    Aykay ·
    • Hide content

Lol same here. Spent years bitching bout my big bum and then I choose a dress that proper shows it off.

• donnyette
    Beginner December 2016
    donnyette ·
    • Hide content

Wow pugsley I love your dress!! Where is it from x

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!!

I got it from berketex bride but it was in a sample sale with no labels other than the size. No one in the shop knows the designer unfortunately as it was just delivered to them to sell. I do know that mori lee have similar (ish) ones.

• Siobhan200286
    Beginner August 2015
    Siobhan200286 ·
    • Hide content

This is a friend of mine who got married two years ago, I thought she looked amazing in her fishtail dress.

• EllsBells243
    Beginner March 2013
    EllsBells243 ·
    • Hide content

Here's me in my wedding dress, it's a Mikaella and I felt like a princess! I think you should definitely go for this style :-)

• loubi1uk
    Beginner July 2014
    loubi1uk ·
    • Hide content

This is my wedding dress Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner July 2014
    Aykay ·
    • Hide content

Anyone else wish that designers etc would use real women instead of airbrushed models on their sites? I for one was sure that this style would not work on me at all yet as soon as I tried it on I thought I looked better the model. I think everyone that has posted looks absolutely stunning.

• MrsHD2015
    Beginner June 2015
    MrsHD2015 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for the pics, you all look amazing and I am sure now i want this style! I really think te models don't look that great in this style and i do wish they would use real people so you can actually get a real idea what to look for! I am a size 12 and just trying to slim my arms down but I've got a narrow waist and big hips so I think this style will be ok for me?

• A
    Beginner July 2014
    Aykay ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely. Def try on a few tho as I found the point where the dress flares makes a big difference to how flattering it is.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics