Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Flash your Wedding Ring.........please!

4 of August of 2010 at 13:19 Posted on Planning 0 20

Following on from Shoeys post about her chav ring dilema ? it has got me thinking about wedding rings.

I ahve been on at OH since we got my ER that I wanted a diamond wedding band.... he still says NO!

Can everyone flash their wedding rings so i can see what everyone else has had.

(I am still determined to get him to give in and get me diamonds!!! ?)

20 replies

Latest activity by katmoore, 4 of August of 2010 at 22:16
  • BoroKate
    Beginner September 2010
    BoroKate ·
    • Hide content

I've got diamonds in my wedding band and it's shaped to fit around my engagement ring.

I'm almost afraid to say its from Beaverbrooks ?

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea how to put photos in, but here's a link to mine http://www.fhinds.co.uk/Weddings/Wedding_Rings/Ladies_Wedding_Rings/9ct-White-Gold--Brides-Wedding-Ring-182346.html

Doesn't look much on there but it's so pretty when you see it properly. I have ridiculously tiny hands so just cannot wear big rings.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

BoroKate - mine will be exactly the same as yours. Although from following on from the ring post yesterday I am going to pop and see an independant shop and see.

I can get away with the diamonds as OH is having diamonds in his too!

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

I tried on lots of wedding rings with and without diamonds. I also went back to the shop a couple of weeks later to re-try everything to make sure. The ring I liked best was a 3 mm court palladium band like this one, from our local independant jeweller:

Go and try lots on! I found the plain band looked best with my e-ring plus leaves room for an eternity ring later on ?

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I would really like a wedding with with diamons but its my Mum who has told me that I cant as it is an eternity ring and I have to wait for that!

I think i will try on a range and it will also depend on budget!!

• MrsKeating2B
    Beginner April 2011
    MrsKeating2B ·
    • Hide content

My dilemma was.. A) my ER is HUGE and my OH didnt think of that when he baught it for me.. so i cant get a WR fo fit.. and B) i work in community nursing so i cant wear an ER anyway which is majority of the time .. so my idea is to have a little bit of bling!.. heres they type i chose... x

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Oh another palladium wearer! If you dont mind me asking, how much was your ring? I want exactly the same as cant really afford the big fat diamond one that i have seen! lol

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

I also wanted diamonds and OH was funny about it. But then when we went to the jewellers to try them on, well there was none i liked woth the diamonds. they looked silly when I tried them on and they definately took away from my engagement ring! So I've gone for the plain 3mm band! Smiley smile nothin fancy, and it looks lovely against my ER!

All I can say is dont decide what you want til you see what there is in the shops!

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Vikster. My ring was just over £200 which I thought was a good price for something I'll wear all day, every day for the rest of my life (eek, that's a bit scary/exciting to think about lol.)

• Tina Teaspoon
    Beginner May 2011
    Tina Teaspoon ·
    • Hide content

Lovely rings everyone - sammyjay I love yours, it is so pretty.

I think I will be going for a plain one, I love my ER and it's quite small so I don't want to detract from it. But I think I will see if I can get one shaped to fit as my ER isn't a straight band so there would be a bit of a gap if I just had a normal wedding ring. Not sure how the costs will compare though so I'll have to look into it a bit more. I don't want to spend a fortune, but then again I will be wearing it for the rest of my life.

• Kalie85
    Beginner
    Kalie85 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Heres mine

I would say go and try on lots of different styles, we get loads of people come in with a specific idea of what they want but end up going for something different because it all depends what looks good with your ER. Any excuse to go shopping!!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I wanted more diamonds as well but I did have to agree with H that a plain band was more traditional and I definitely want a diamond eternity ring so when I tried on 2 diamond bands along with my solitaire it just looked wrong and no one would have known which was my wedding ring or eternity apart from the position of them.

My band is only .5mm wider than my er and it's the exact same shape which is half court half D. We spent about 20 hours looking for rings and couldn't believe when I finally found this one...in the first shop we visited a few weeks before but they had got a new collection in by the second visit.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

GB fab taste you have!

• Beckyv83
    Beginner September 2010
    Beckyv83 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for the huge pics.

I always knew i wanted a plain gold band. Like most other people i went for 3mm. Sits best with my ring. I had mine made out of old family jewllery. So its both my something old and new!

• yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

HI,

I'm going to go against everyone and say i didnt want diamonds. I just wanted a plain band. We went for these

This is my ER

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my, I love that idea.

I have my Mum's wedding and eternity ring and my Nan's engagement ring. Would love my Mum's wedding ring made into mine.. But her's is yellow gold and my ER is white gold so I wanted white gold or platinum to match it. Wonder if I could use hers and get it coated.. Hmm..

• sineadw
    Beginner September 2010
    sineadw ·
    • Hide content

I too have GeordieBarbies ER and love it, this is my wedding band;

Wow it isnt that HUGE in real life thou, sorry ?

• K
    Beginner April 2011
    katmoore ·
    • Hide content

This is my beauty!love it!did try an eternity ring on aswell and all three looked good together if i have all three on one finger!Might have eternity on my other hand!x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics