Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Naboo
Beginner

Flat pack armchair!!!!!!

Naboo, 17 May, 2011 at 11:32 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 21

We used some of our wedding money to buy a new armchair, found the one we wanted online from ikea so ordered it, Hubby has taken delivery of the chair today and it has arrived flat pack!! How the hell do you flat pack an arm chair! he also said box isnt very big so am slightly worried. I have banned him from doing flatpack furniture so he has left it for me when i get home from work but anyone ever put one together before, are they easy??

21 replies

Latest activity by Naboo, 18 May, 2011 at 15:26
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Most IKEA stuff is relatively easy to put together... most of our living room is IKEA!!

Have you a link to the armchair??

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

I have a lot of Ikea stuff too but I am just concerned about an armchair being flat packed, what about all the stuffing!!!! hmm, it looks really big in the pics as well but at least I didnt have to worry about them damaging my newly decorated hall getting it in!

heres the link https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S89876573/

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

seems odd, esp as the arm chair looks 'proper'!!!!!!!!!! youl have to take pictures and document it for us ?

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

We have the leather Ektorp sofas - good choice!

Not sure about it being flat packed though... Ours came delivered normally. Is it the right box?

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

It is most odd isnt it!! Im going to have to check the box when I get home and hope it is the right one!!! GB is it a decent sized sofa? the chair looks big but box apparently doesnt look big enough!!

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

They're great! We have the 2 seater and 3 seater. Had the 2 seater since Jan 2008 and the 3 seater since July last year. Looked at the armchairs in store before and they're a good size. I can't believe it would be in a small box.

Can you ask Mr Naboo to measure the box for you to check his definition of small? ? And also what it says on the side of the box?

• Mrs MM
    Beginner July 2008
    Mrs MM ·
    • Hide content

I would imagine that they have delivered the wrong item as we have the sofa of that range and it most definitely wasn't flatpacked !!

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Cheers GB, he has gone out now but said it was small enough for one guy to carry thorough easily, I have checked the website and it didnt say requires assembly like they normlly do for stuff you have to put together so I rang them and apparently it is only sofas that are not flatpacked!!! so sounds like it could be right, I guess i will have to wait and see and update you tomorrow!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

The website says it will come in 2 boxes... ?

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats what i thought, i cant check until i get home but I have rung ikea and apparently they only dont flat pack sofas!!! Im not impressed

Mrs C he didnt mention another box! grrrrr aparently thats the cover it had better be there!

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

We have the Karlstrad sofa from Ikea. It's a different design to Ektorp, but it definitely flat packs down! Such an odd concept...Hope it's all there!

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

phew that has made me feel better, please tell me it flat packs to a decievingly small box too??

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

If they've packed the cushions etc in vaccum pack stuff it can go really small - our king sized memory foam mattress was rolled into a tube no wider than the top of mop bucket (it was propped up in there for a while, dry of course!) and just exploded when we cut into the packaging!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Thats very weird..... I am personally of the opinion they have fkd up but happy to be proven wrong. I have an Ikea tub chair which came as a solid arm chair...... are you sure you didnt order arm chair covers by accident, and they are in a box?? I cant see how something that big and chunky can possibly come in small bits.....

will be checking back with interest!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Maybe you have the cushions and covers in that box and are awaiting the main frame of the chair... so its not flat packed as such it just needs assembled??

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

You should have 2 packages of these diamensions and weights:

Package measurement and weight
    Article Number
    Packages
    Width
    Height
    Length
    Weight
    84 cm
    38 cm
    121 cm
    34.2 kg
    38 cm
    6 cm
    57 cm
    2.5 kg
  • crafty em
    Beginner June 2008
    crafty em ·
    • Hide content

Lovely chair Naboo, seems odd to be flat packed, looks quite sturdy and chunky from the pic. Had they delivered the right item in the end?

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Well it was the right item, i arrived home to 2 boxes as described by ReaF, I must admit the box was bigger than Oh had lead me to believe

but the chair was flat packed with pictures of how to assemble

So after a little bit of trying to work out the pics et voila a chair!

Who would a thought it, I am rather impressed with my handy work

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Well i eat my hat. Have never ever ever seen the likes.

sturdy enough?? safe to sit on??? impressed.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Looks cool!! I love Ektorps ?

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

I spoke to OH about this last night funnily he couldnt grasp the fact it was flat packed..'am ARMchair?!!?like, stuffing and all?!'

yes Mr Flow, and heres the PROOF, looks FAB!!!!!!!!!!! well done Nabs and well done Ikea!

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

surprisingly yes, after me fretting around it and sitting in it like it was made of thin glass and would collapse at any time Hubby waltzed in plonked himself on it as if it were a normal chair, wriggled around a bit and proclaimed 'its alright this!'

Phew

• You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics