Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2017

Flat shoes?

MrsPtoB, 25 of June of 2017 at 11:53 Posted on Planning 0 5

Is anyone wearing flat shoes? I need some suggestions. People keep telling me that I must wear heels but I rarely wear heels and our wedding ceremony is at a castle with around 300 steps to go up and down. I want to be comfortable but I'm struggling to find flats that I like, most look like they'd be uncomfortable (hard around the back at the heel).

5 replies

Latest activity by CraigSpence, 5 of October of 2021 at 12:46
  • RomanticBlueDiamonds624
    Beginner September 2018
    RomanticBlueDiamonds624 ·
    • Hide content

I've bought heels for the ceremony and wedding breakfast and then I'm changing into some hand painted converse for the evening that I've found on Etsy. There's no way that I'll be able to do heels for the whole day but I need some height as my hubbie to be is so tall!

Have you had a look at Shoes of Prey for wedding flats? You can build pretty much any design you want although I don't know how comfy they are!

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

Ignore people, you really don't have to wear heels unless you wanted to. Your going to be on your feel, running around all day so you need to be comfy.

I wore a flat pair of sparkly sandles I got from evans, I was meant to change into trainers later but I just never got a chance. I spent most of the day holding my dress up as I struggled to walk in it and had lots of compliments on my sandles.

If you have a big budget try designers like Jimmy cho or custom designed one's like shoes of prey. If your on a tight budget like I was try high street like debenhams or monsoon. I no people get custom flat shoes from China on eBay cheaply, it's a risk but it does sometimes pay off. I got my headband from China on eBay for less then £5 and it was amazing.

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

I'm much the same, you could try ballroom dancing shoes where you get to pick the heel type and height, go for flats with orthopaedic insoles or see if you can find some low heel ballerina style shoes, -i went for this last one. I got some light gold ballerina shoes with a 1.5 inch block heel, i barely notice its a heel so gives me the best of both worlds. (My dress is champagne so i wanted gold for reference)

At the end of the day, it's your feet and you have to stand / walk in the shoes -just get your dress length altered appropriately after you've made your decision

• H
    Beginner August 2018
    HappyBlueCakes878 ·
    • Hide content

It depends on your dress - my original dress was floor length and so I knew that at most people would only see the toes of my shoes. I hate wearing heels and got some flat sandals as my wedding is in August. Luckily I actually really liked them as now I've changed my dress to knee length so they can be seen! But if you have a long dress maybe don't fret about it so much. At the end of the day you need to be comfortable though or you'll just be focussed on sore feet and that's not what it's about.

• M
    Beginner September 2017
    MrsPtoB ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for the replies. I have found some gorgeous flats that are handmade and hoping to order a pair as soon as they get back to me with which colour will match my dress.

For anyone else who may be interested

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/thewhiteribbon?ref=s2-header-shopname

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics