Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner May 2014

flat shoes after dress alteration

cmchannon, 25 of March of 2014 at 10:02 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi ladies,

I went to pick up my dress the other day after alterations were done, (5 weeks to go) and the lady has made my dress too short with the shoes i am wearing :-( I went to the fitting with the shoes and she pinned it up to the right length with my shoes on. I tried it on when collected and its just that little bit too short (and the material has been cut so she cant lower it) so now I am going to have to get some flat shoes to wear with it! Can I find any flat shoes though? No. Well yes but not ones i like, I am a size 8 too so I cant wear certain shoes without looking like a clown.

Any ideas of nice flat comfy shoes please? x

7 replies

Latest activity by MrsCWB, 25 of March of 2014 at 16:42
  • Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Dorothy Perkins have some nice pumps in white, nude, cream or silver x

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Boden have some pretty flats and have got a sale on at the moment ;-)

https://www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-shoes-boots

• M
    Beginner July 2014
    Mrs Baldi ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.next.co.uk/g39242s2#679650g39

These are pretty?!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

1. I'd be furious and ask them to pay for new shoes (assuming it's too late to replace the dress).

2. Are you sure it's too short? Mine was deliberately lifted off the ground.

3. Might you lose a few pounds (many of us do in the run up) that allows the dress to sit slightly lower?

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldnt be too happy either & would be asking them for some sort of compensation! Its their fault! I'm angry for you! ?

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

So basically - the person who did the alterations for your dress did it wrong and it's unfixable? I'm sorry I don't have any useful contribution as to a shoe suggestion, but I would suggest you make some noise about the alteration issue? You must be so frustrated Smiley sad

• H
    Beginner July 2014
    Hannah2 ·
    • Hide content

So sorry that your alterations have been done incorrectly, I would be furious!

For the shoes how flat do you need? I have been searching for flat shoes as I have to wear an orthotic insole in my shoes and it is just not worth the agony of going without them for the day.

I have found these by Perfect VT that come in dyeable satin (approx. £80) or the lace (approx. £60)

http://www.euphoriashop.co.uk/wedding-shoes-158/round-toe-wedding-shoes-114/perfect-vintage-bridal-shoes-fern-flat-28438.htm

They also have others from the same make Perfect VT that have slightly higher heels.

Good luck with getting it sorted.

(I tried to add a picture but I need to work out how to do it!)

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

I would kick off about the alterations. But I have also been a bit stroppy on the wedding front this week.

I couldn't find any shoes that I liked that were flat, so after having yet another rant about how the only pretty shoes are high heeled ones, H2B came up with a genius plan.

I bought some flat wedding shoes for £20 from BHS and having made sure they fit, I have handed them over to H2B. He is now going to glitz and glam them up making them personalised and I don't get to see them until the morning of the wedding.

So, I get flat shoes like I wanted, with lots of sparkles, and they're personalised! I'm a happy bunny.

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics