Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2012

flat shoes for the evening...

lannybird, 12 May, 2012 at 13:58 Posted on Planning 0 15

I'm looking for some pretty ivory pumps to wear for the evening as I'm not used to wearing heels and want to be able to dance! The only nice ones I've found are on Dessy but they're £20 and then £17 to delivery from the states! I can't find any others that are nice - has anyone else bought any for a reasonable price?

15 replies

Latest activity by laura9889, 13 May, 2012 at 20:45
  • Perfection Weddings
    Beginner March 2012
    Perfection Weddings ·
    • Hide content

Mine were £18 including delivery on ebay i wore them the whole day i hate wearin heels lol x

• honeysparkle
    Beginner June 2012
    honeysparkle ·
    • Hide content

I got some nice ones from debenhams think they cost about £12 when they had a promo usually around £20. really comfy too?

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    Soon2bMrsMay ·
    • Hide content

I also bought mine from debenhams for £24, i also bought a pair from amazon for about £10. The ones from debenhams had a tiny heel, the amazon ones are totally flat

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

I tried on two really comfortable pairs of ivory pumps in Debenhams yesterday and each pair cost around £20. I get discount vouchers emailed to me from Voucher codes so I'm going to wait until a good one comes through (10% to 15%) and buy them online as well as my kitten wedding shoes!

• M
    Beginner August 2012
    Mitty13 ·
    • Hide content

BHS do some nice ones in their wedding range thats where I have got mine from

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I got actual ballet pumps same as my flower girls from a dance shop, think they were about £15. Also a back up pair of primarni specials for a fiver! We had a box full of flats cleverly disguised as a memory box on our cake table for me, my Mum and all my bridesmaids. Forward thinking!

The one with the ribbon round it? Full of shoes!! ?

• whenskiesaregrey
    Beginner July 2012
    whenskiesaregrey ·
    • Hide content

I got these from next this week for the evening so i can have a dance: http://www.next.co.uk/g373276s5#841750g37 they're nicer in real life than on the picture - but sizes come up big so i bought a half size smaller than normal.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

If you have a long dress you wont see them anyway? I would wear coloured ones of it was me- or even get some from Primark if you are that worried about the costs?

• A
    Beginner September 2012
    amanda66 ·
    • Hide content

I have my lovely heeled wedding shoes for the daytime but bought these for when my feet hurt, you won't see them under my floor length dress anyways!:My mam got them from Matalan for £12

They also have these ones on the website for £6 which I have just found when searching for mine

• Rosie1211
    Beginner December 2012
    Rosie1211 ·
    • Hide content

Ladies, so excited I have to share this news! Debenhams have 15% of shoes online for today only!!!

I am so getting my shoes today lol (which will be flat as 1. I'm tall enough and 2. my dress was a sample dress and is just the right length so heels would make it too short lol).

Have fun with the shoe shopping ladies Smiley smile xx

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are officially my new hero - this is a legendary idea!!!! ?

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure if you've thought of this, but if you plan to change from heels to flats, will you be able t odane without tripping all over the hem of your dress?

I know I won't be able to wear heels all day, especially as we're hoping to use the gardens and lawns of our venue, and I wouldn't be able to dance in heels, either, so I've opted to wear flats all day as no one will see them except perhaps the toes peeking out from under the dress, and my fiance isn't all that much taller than me.

Other people have offered good advice on where to shop. I'm probably just going to wear some toms, which are sold at schuh, office, etc:

• L
    Beginner June 2012
    lannybird ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice everyone, gonna go and have a look on the debenhams website now! Smiley smile

i have considered the fact that the dress might be too long with flats on, but my heels are only an inch or so anyway, and once I've got the hook up I think I'll be ok Smiley smile and i had also considered primarni, only problem with their shoes is I find the soles are so thin they're not comfortable! that's what you get for £3 though i guess!

• O
    Beginner May 2013
    Omgitshappening ·
    • Hide content

Another recommendation for Debenhams! I can't walk in heels to save my life and bought some lovely ivory flats with pleated fronts and diamanté broches on from there for £24 the other week - really comfy too!

• *BigBird*
    Beginner April 2013
    *BigBird* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did see some lovely ones in there yesterday Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    laura9889 ·
    • Hide content

I 2nd the toms! Comfiest shoes I've ever worn I want some for my wedding day! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics