Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Clare
Beginner May 2025 Hampshire

Flat shoes with tea length dress?

Clare, 25 of August of 2024 at 14:54 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 13
Hi all,
I’ve got a tea length dress meaning my shoes can be seen, I’d love a really quirky pair of shoes but I don’t usually wear heels and don’t want to spend my wedding day with painful feet! I know that flats would be the best choice but I don’t know if they’ll look weird with a tea length dress - did anyone on here wear flats with this length of dress and be willing to share a photo?

13 replies

Latest activity by Shree, 13 of September of 2024 at 12:29
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

'Weirdness' is in the eye of the beholder.

Some people are so wedded to the idea of heels at weddings that they are automatically going to think anyone who doesn't wear heels is odd - that's their problem, not yours.

Flats are 'you' - and they are also much better for your general health since they're not throwing your body out of alignment the way heels do. Your wedding and your feet - you wear what you want.

• Clare
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you - you’re absolutely right! I’m now on a mission to find some absolutely fabulous flat shoes- just because they won’t be heeled doesn’t mean they can be special!
  • R
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Let us know what you find!

I wore flats (with a long dress) for my wedding - I felt like 'me', I didn't have backache from wearing heels and they also have long-term wearability rather than being for just one day.

• Helen
    Beginner July 2026 Cornwall
    Helen ·
    • Hide content
    Go for mid heel sandals. They’re so comfy, and you feel sexy in heels.
  • R
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OP has already stated she finds heels painful, so I think her views should be respected. And it is totally possible to look and feel great in flats.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at irregular choice shoes they are really eye-catching and will fit your quirky requirement 100% and the ones I have seen are never very high heels.

And no matter what size heel you have you do not have to keep them on all day - quite often I see my brides change into something more comfortable during the wedding breakfast and evening dancing.

If you want to keep it totally flat but also quirky then you can dye satin shoes quite successfully whatever colour you like for some eye-catching quirky colours.

• Helen
    Beginner July 2026 Cornwall
    Helen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That was respectful
  • Sie
    Beginner November 2025 Essex
    Sie ·
    • Hide content
    I'm a heel lover but lm having white bridal trainers for the reception.
    Our first dance is a jive, l cant to that in a wedding dress and heels..🤣
    Irregular choice do some lovely glittery flat shoes and trainers
  • Hannah
    Curious September 2025 Durham
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content

Maybe try a flat with an open toe as it might be more 'flattering'? Or, white trainers could be super cute as well if you're having a more relaxed wedding!

• Clare
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone - I appreciate the comments and advice and if anyone on here did wear a tea length dress with flats if any kind, would be great to see a photo so I can visualise what it would look like, my wedding isn’t until May next year so plenty of time Smiley smile
  • Laura-Lou
    Beginner April 2026 Staffordshire
    Laura-Lou ·
    • Hide content
    Irregular choice have a fab selection of flat and medium height heel! But comfort it key, break in with socks around the house x
  • J
    East Central London
    James ·
    • Hide content

"Absolutely! Flat shoes are a great choice with a tea-length dress—they keep it stylish and comfortable. Perfect for staying chic without sacrificing comfort at event.

• Shree
    Curious March 2019 Karnataka
    Shree ·
    • Hide content

Flat shoes paired with a tea-length dress offer a stylish and comfortable alternative to heels. This combination is ideal for both casual and semi-formal events, providing a chic yet practical look. Flat shoes, such as ballet flats or loafers, complement the dress's mid-calf length, creating a balanced silhouette without compromising on comfort. This pairing is especially suitable for daytime events, outdoor gatherings, or when prolonged standing or walking is required, combining elegance with ease.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics