Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

jojo2
Beginner June 2012

Flip Flop basket!

jojo2, 20 of July of 2011 at 12:44 Posted on Planning 0 23

I have decided to put a basket of complimentary flip flops in the ladies toilets for any guests with sore feet to keep the dancing going. Primark have reduced loads of them to a pound each so if anyone else is planning on doing the same go and stock up!

23 replies

Latest activity by jojo2, 21 of July of 2011 at 16:18
  • Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

My sister has just text me this too.

When she scanned them though the till, the 6 pairs came out at £3 for the lot, so 50p a pair. Have stocked up as my venue isn't keen on having people with bare feet outside as it's a golf club - so lots of little bits about the place.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

One Hitcher, mentioning no names, is still wearing the ones that we gave out at our wedding ?

CB's wedding - the gift that keeps on giving...

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

That is even more of a bargain! I only bought 10 pairs as I will end up giving them away if not used. I have googled some funny signs for the basket and will print one out! It was a toss up between the flip flops or the espadrilles for a pound but they don't look as dainty.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They must have been impressive flip flops! Good to see they haven't gone to waste.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha. What can I say, they are extremely comfortable (and water proof)!

I may have to steal this idea from you Cricks.

• lauren700
    Beginner
    lauren700 ·
    • Hide content

BM homestore had 2 for £1.50! My mum wasnt keen on the idea though and she's put me off, although im coming back to it now.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mother's are great like that aren't they?!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Boo - no Primark near me and they don't do online shopping do they? Poundland have a load of flip flops for (unsurprisingly) a pound, but I bet they're rubbish.

• MandM90
    Beginner July 2011
    MandM90 ·
    • Hide content

I'm in two minds about this. This might sound bridezilla but I realllly don't want people wearing them at my wedding (I even find flip flops too casual for shopping etc. but I'm a bit of a footwear Nazi. Can't stand Uggs, Crocs, socks and sandals or people who wear flip flops ALL the time), then again surely it's better than them being in pain or going barefoot which is probably against venue regulation. I'm having plasters in the toilets, maybe party feet too? Or maybe I should just give in and put some out!

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

I like this idea. For those that have done or will do. How did you work out how many to buy and what sizes?

• littlemissbride
    Beginner June 2011
    littlemissbride ·
    • Hide content

Never heard of this before but it sounds like a fab idea!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't want my guests wearing flip flops to the wedding but if it is a choice between them sitting down and not dancing because they have been in heels all day or kicking off their heels and taking a pair to dance all night then I think it is a good thing.

I bought 2x 36/37 6 x 38/39 2x 40/41.

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

How many female guests are you expecting Jo? Am just thinking ratios. As not everyone would wear. I agree with you, would prefer people to have comfortable shoes and can dance the night away

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Ratios's?? I haven't actually done the maths I just thought not everyone will want or need the flip flops so opted for offering a small basket of 10. I may pick some more up next year in the sales again. I am hiding them from OH as he just won't get the need for complimentary basket and flip flops in the loo's. Knowing my friends the shoes form part of the outfit so they will suffer the pain!

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Hahaha. I just meant did you cater for 50% etc. I may start to purchase some myself

• Doris 5/10
    Beginner May 2013
    Doris 5/10 ·
    • Hide content

Sounds a great idea.....................OM/CB any advice? How many did you buy etc?

x

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

I have bought rose printed ones from Primark that worked out at 50p a pair. I halved the number of guests to calculate the number of ladies & then halved again as not everyone will want to wear them.

• aecy
    Beginner October 2011
    aecy ·
    • Hide content

I think I have 15 pairs and will stop buying once i've been to primarni, only wanted about 20 in various sizes

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

We provided around 30 pairs in a mixture of 3-4, 5-6 and 7-8. All bar a 3-4 pair went. They were meant to be put out during the meal so people could have access to them for the evening but oddly they were already out when we arrived at the reception.

I had my sister hide them away until later again! That way people could access them when they needed them (ie when they started throwing shapes on the dancefloor!) rather than taking a pair for the sake of it. I suspect that had we put out more, they'd have been used too!

I made a tag for each pair that had the size clearly displayed and tied on with ribbon. They went into a large wicker basket with a chalkboard sign saying something like 'A treat for your dancing feet'.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Just bought 16 pairs from Primarni for a £1 each. May go back and get some more at a later date (too many to carry in one go). I'm also thinking about waiting til the Accessorize flip flops have gone down to 70% off in the sale.

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    curlybride ·
    • Hide content

I really want a flip flop basket but my OH isn't so sure....probably cos he gets to wear comfy flat shoes!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

He won't see them if the basket is in the ladies loos.

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

I thought about it, but at the last 3 family weddings I have been too, the dance floor has been empty most of the night. So it might look a bit overly hopeful to have a basket full of them. And sad if they sit there unused.

I suppose if people don't use them then they can be resold on the For Sale forum.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is why I bought them when shopping alone and stashed them away, no point trying to explain to OH as he just won't get it. He may wonder later at the reception why everyone is wearing silver sequined flip flops though ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics