Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner March 2015

Flip flop basket alternative......? Help

Almost~Mrs~W, 9 of January of 2015 at 08:19 Posted on Planning 0 11

I was thinking of a flip flop basket but have seen a few comments about people not being able to dance in them or slipping in them

i also though as most people would be wearing tights flip flops might be a little uncomfortable.

so I was thinking of maybe getting some slipper socks with the little bobble thingies on the bottom instead

what does everyone think?

will they look too silly with people in dresses and then slipper socks?

thanx

11 replies

Latest activity by JessieRose, 10 of January of 2015 at 12:59
  • laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

When I saw the title I was going to comment slipper socks. I've had the same issue as I'm a bit wary of doing flip flops for the same reasons as you. I think by the time people need to use them, nobody is going to care about looking 'silly' Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Almost~Mrs~W ·
    • Hide content

And if I get plain black or brown ones they won't look too different from dolly shoes

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

I think that's a great idea, a lot of flip flops hurt my feet so socks are are great alternative. I don't know how much you are planning on spending, but I saw these

http://www.elegantsteps.co.uk/coloriffics-footzyrolls-rollable-shoes-sale

You may be able to but them somewhere else on link for cheaper, but just a thought.

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking of doing a basket with a 'comfy footwear' sign, so a mix of flip flops, slipper socks and actual slippers. Only i'll be going for sillier the better, mostly for the photos. Buy the time people need them, all the official photos will be taken and these will be the funny photos.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

There are also little slipper shoes if you wanted something that was more shoe like, although I fear they'd work out horrendously expensive if you had a fair few to buy!

As above, no one will be worried about looking silly by the time they need them!

Always good to double check whether it would be allowed with your venue though, we've worked at a venue before that wouldn't allow anyone on the dancefloor without footwear.

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Almost~Mrs~W ·
    • Hide content

I was aiming to have about 50 pairs (1 each for the ladies) so don't not really wanna spend too much per set

• R
    Beginner December 2014
    rambosmum ·
    • Hide content

I actually changed in to slippers before the meal!

• Miss-b
    Beginner August 2016
    Miss-b ·
    • Hide content

I don't know if they would be any less slippy than a flip flop but what about the slipper type thing you get when you go to a spa? I would image you would be able to pick them up in bulk, don't know how expensive they would be! But they would be comfy after wearing heels all day Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

Primark sell slipper socks that look like pumps and full length socks lol men's and women's. I'm now considering getting some - I hate flip flops they kill my feet.

• JessieRose
    Beginner August 2015
    JessieRose ·
    • Hide content

I wanted to do one aswell, but was scared of people hurting themselves. So I bought about 20 pairs of white plimsols from Sports Direct when they had a sale on. It worked out at about £25 so not much more expensive than flip flops.

Hope this helps

jess x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics