Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsToffee
Expert April 2015

Flip flop crisis!!

MrsToffee, 1 of August of 2014 at 17:11 Posted on Planning 0 15

Ok, a bit strong wording in title but in weddingland everything becomes more dramatic! After umming and ahhing I decided that we HAVE to have a flip flop basket so went off to Primark today to stock up but they are obviously keen for all this good weather to be over because they were full of winter stock, not a flip flop in sight, well not cheap ones anyway! So my question is-- what time of year do they usually get them back in (wedding is in April) or are they any to be found online for 1 or 2 quid a pair?

Also; how many pairs should I go for? We'll have probably 120ish people in the evening?

15 replies

Latest activity by Sarah_88, 4 of August of 2014 at 16:29
  • pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

Could you go to a bigger primark? I know that mine have them in stock and its a larger store. You said 120 people, I am guessing it would only be ladies wearing them. How many are going??? X

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

The one I went to is pretty big, three floors. Where are you based? No idea how many yet, think it will be more blokes though as H2B has more friends he wants to invite than I do, probably a 50/70 split women/men at a guess.

• S
    Beginner April 2015
    SunnyIvoryDecor62 ·
    • Hide content

I would honestly keep it to around 10 pairs. I know that doesn't sound a lot, but some of yr guests will be eve only and so feet should be fine and only a handful of day ppl will want them. There were plenty left after my sisters wedding and she only bought about 10pairs. X

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

My nearest is Aberdeen/Dundee. I would maybe go for 30 pairs. I love the flip flop idea, never been to a wedding where these have been on offer x

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Ah that would be a bit of a trek for me lol! Ooh, differing opinions on quantities! I was actually thinking about 20 but only if they were a pound each lol! I wasn't going to bother but when I mentioned it in passing to two different people they said it would be a good idea and it swayed me!

• BonnyRose
    Beginner June 2015
    BonnyRose ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried ASDA? I got a couple of cheap pairs for my holiday, I think one was £2 and the other £3?

This was last year mind, but I am pretty sure they had some when I was in. I just checked, they have 'basic' ones for £2 and fancier ones (fancier flip flops) for £3.

I have no idea how many pairs you would need though, be interested to hear answers from other people. When you see pictures they only look like maybe 10/15 pairs.

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

I looked up a website for you - weddingflipflops.co.uk, they are cheap!!! Xx

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!! They look great but smallest amount that seem available is 10 pairs of each size and I'm pretty sure there won't be 10 people with size 3-4 feet, as it's a website though I'll do a google myself and see if there's a similar alternative!

Hadn't thought of supermarkets BonnyRose (sorry don't know if it's possible to quote more than one person in a reply!)

Thanks Tinkerbell, will have to work out roughly how many ladies we'll have! (and as above!)

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sarah_88 ·
    • Hide content

Do you have a Matalan near you? I was in one on Sunday and they had quite a few flip flops

• X
    Beginner December 2014
    xmasangel14 ·
    • Hide content

I work in clothing retail, things like flip flops and summer wear start appearing in stores late March to early April. I'm getting married the end of December and I'm having a slipper basket instead of flip flops. I got mine from Primark at £2 a pair.

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Will check out Matalan but maybe better waiting until next year xmasangel? Ooh love the idea of slippers! Will keep hunting online too!

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Don't pay more than £1 for them. What about these?

https://www.poundland.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=flip+flop

or try 99p stores

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks teal; I did try the Poundland in my town and a bigger one nearby(ish) and they'd all sold out, hadn't thought of 99p shop, will try there next!

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Crisis averted! Went into Poundland today and they'd restocked so I now have lots of flip flops (and Poundland don't lol!), man on till asked me if I was going away! I also bought a set of 3 wicker baskets for £10 thinking I'd need the biggest one for the flip flops then could use the other two for something else but as it happens they fit in the middle sized one so am now just googling to see if I can get a better deal! Am so happy it's a bit sad really!

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sarah_88 ·
    • Hide content

Glad you've found some!

Its not sad, I find its a good feeling when I've have ticked things of my 'to do list'

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics