Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

AliLindsey
Beginner November 2009

Floaters at work.

AliLindsey, 25 July, 2009 at 14:11 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 14

Where do I go to get a new law passed?

"If you flush the toilet at work and find that you have left a floater, please have the common courtesy to flush again. Do not just put the lid down, so that when the next person goes in they lift it up and wonder what the HELL you've been eating."

That is all.

14 replies

Latest activity by AliLindsey, 26 July, 2009 at 10:44
  • Braw Wee Chanter
    Braw Wee Chanter ·
    • Hide content

Nobody at QVC would leave floaters, I absolutely refuse to believe it.It is a haven for the good and pure.

*whisper* I bet it was that Alison Young. I reckon she's really dirty beneath all that make up and ylang-ylang.

x

• Loulabelles
    Beginner January 2012
    Loulabelles ·
    • Hide content

My money is on Julia Roberts !

We have someone where I work with explosive bowels, we've had times where they've managed to poo on the outside of the toilet bowl, which resulted with my friend getting someone elses poo on her white skirt!!!

• QueenBee
    Beginner November 2008
    QueenBee ·
    • Hide content

I reckon its jill franks. ali do you ever go on shoppingtelly.com? in the qvc forum there's a poster called burly bear who writes the funniest blogs about qvc towers. you should read them as they are hilarious!

I found that site by googling for something on qvc and it was the 2nd listing on the search. I'm quite addicted now to going in and reading the posts sometimes lol

• AliLindsey
    Beginner November 2009
    AliLindsey ·
    • Hide content

QB: Yes we all like a read of shoppingtelly.com here. Sometimes the things they pick up on are scary!

We do however worry about the people who are that addicted to QVC. We do worry that they need to get out more. (Being addicted to hitched is a whole other matter. None of us need to get out more at all.)

• QueenBee
    Beginner November 2008
    QueenBee ·
    • Hide content

I promise i'm not addicted to QVC! well not after they stopped having molton brown tsv's lol

• AliLindsey
    Beginner November 2009
    AliLindsey ·
    • Hide content

Yes, there won't be any more of those I'm afraid. I can however recommend Philosophy shower gels. They're very nice. And also L'Occitane stuff is nice! Molton Who? As we all say here!

• QueenBee
    Beginner November 2008
    QueenBee ·
    • Hide content

I love loccitane. have been buying it for years. i'm allergic to philosophy but buy it by the load for friends as its gorgeous and they'll lurve me forever more!

anyway getting back to floaters, i work in a dental practice and one of our dentists leaves the biggest coloured water messes ever! nothing floating but always manages to leave turd coloured water. we all wonder what on earth is in his digestive system that causes it?

• Hyacinth
    Beginner
    Hyacinth ·
    • Hide content

My BF worked at QVC for a few years (despite being told she'd never work in TV again after a stint there ?) and it sounded like the maddest place to work EVER. she got assulted by Joan Tivers once [rotl]

• AliLindsey
    Beginner November 2009
    AliLindsey ·
    • Hide content

It is mad! For example: Today I have had to deal with the following:

People singing Take That at the tops of their voices at 8am.

Someone having their shoes stolen.

A fire alarm caused by contractors accidentally setting off our fire suppressant gas.

The fire brigade driving straight past our building as they didn't know where it was.

Mad man making me a "Frappe" or something which was pretending to be one in the staff cafe. But not really knowing how to do it, so just made hot coffee and stuck some ice in it. So it was warm at the top, and cold at the bottom. Classic!

Also the engineers have spent most of the day outside my edit suite trying to sort out moving a piece of equipment. So far I have been called to help them about 15 times.

I've never beean assaulted by Joan Rivers, but she has commented on my friend's top.

I also a long time ago, and this is back to the toilets I'm afraid, met Joan Collins in the loo. She didn't wash her hands!!

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Things that really really annoy me and gross me out. its just grim.

As an aside my grandmother seems to almost singlehandedly keep QVC going. She has spent about £300,000 on QVC and other shopping channels.

• sminky
    sminky ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can I ask why Molton Brown is no longer at QVC?

• lizziemh
    lizziemh ·
    • Hide content

Oh the joy of a floater - have renamed them crowd pleasers as always brings much merriment

• AliLindsey
    Beginner November 2009
    AliLindsey ·
    • Hide content

Floater Update: As I'm sure no one could sleep last night for wondering about it!

It appears to have sunk. Hurrah!

(Oh and I can't say why Molton Brown isn't on any more, as if I discuss company business on the internet, I'm sure they'd sack me! Sorry!)

• *ginni of the lamp*
    *ginni of the lamp* ·
    • Hide content

I went swimming yesterday with the children, and we had to leave the pool as some other kid had pooped in the pool. Then there was a trail of poo on the poolside, in the shower and in one of the family changing cubicles. Bleurgh. A floater in the loo sounds tame after that <vomit>

• AliLindsey
    Beginner November 2009
    AliLindsey ·
    • Hide content

Oh that's disgusting! Urgh!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics