Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2016

Floating cake stand?

Lexi_K, 9 of August of 2015 at 11:19 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hello,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of somewhere you can buy a floating cake stand from? We'd like to have a mixture of cake flavours including a small fruit cake, however I know you can't stack fruit above sponge.

Any my advice would be great - either on where to buy a floating cake stand or other solutions Smiley smile

Lexi Smiley smile

9 replies

Latest activity by MrsSDtobe, 11 of August of 2015 at 09:32
  • jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked on amazon? Also try local wedding Facebook pages.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

A few on ebay to check out.

• L
    Beginner June 2016
    Lexi_K ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Ladies - seems there are a few to look at! Smiley smile

Lexi Smiley smile

• R
    Beginner December 2015
    RomanticEmeralds ·
    • Hide content

Who is making your cake? I was told by a professional at a wedding fair that it is sometimes possible to stack fruit cake ontop of sponge (she had a special method). Might be worth asking about if you prefer a stacked cake. We are having a fruit bottom layer with two or three sponge layers on top. Or if you would prefer a stand There is a good range on rainbow stagecraft website, some are quite expensive though

• L
    Beginner June 2016
    Lexi_K ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're on a tight budget so looking at getting it from m&s as they seem to have good reviews. Either getting either an assortment of tiers and using a floating stand or it may just be easier to buy a chocolate/sponge cake and then a fruit cutting bar to keep the fruit cake lovers happy. Don't fancy trying any complicated stacking methods myself lol.

thanks for the response ?

lexi Smiley smile

• R
    Beginner December 2015
    RomanticEmeralds ·
    • Hide content

My friends bought their cake tiers from m&s. They use some short pillars between the layers and placed daffodils in the gaps, it looked very effective and everyone assumed it had been made professionally, it was a total bargain!

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsSDtobe ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lexi,

Where abouts in the country are you? I have a three tier floating cake stand that I will be using for my wedding - I was thinking about selling it afterwards ?

• L
    Beginner June 2016
    Lexi_K ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

MrsSDtobe - I'm based in Somerset, where are you? Smiley smile that could be interesting if you're not too far!

Lexi Smiley smile

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

As long as you have dowel rods in the cake to support it, it should be fine. I looked at the tiers from M&S but we are going with the chocolate hoop cake and having a bar of fruit/plain sponge out the back to cut up.

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsSDtobe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm in Lincolnshire, so might be a bit far ☹️ I got it off amazon for about £40 though - if you wanted to look into buying one - its an E shaped three tier cake stand

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics