Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner August 2012

flower and centre peice cost?

furture mrs yates, 13 September, 2011 at 14:51 Posted on Planning 0 13

Just wondering if you could help, I have just had a quote through for my wedding flowers and centre pieces and I thought it was a bit expensive but as i have not been married before don’t know whether this is normal and wanted to see what everyone has been quoted.

quote - £350 for my flowers, 2 brides maids, 8 button holes and 3 lady corsages

£675 for 9 centre piece (hire only of the vases) these are martini glasses.

13 replies

Latest activity by jules40, 13 September, 2011 at 23:48
  • xxgossipgurl
    Beginner September 2012
    xxgossipgurl ·
    • Hide content

I think the price for bouquets sounds ok, but for you centre pieces, i think that sounds a lot, deffo more than i can afford. Have you thought about making your own? I know a lot of people are getting those vases which are quite thin at the top so you can just put one or two flowers in them, I think it looks really elegant.

Shop around see what other florists can offer you xx

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I've discovered that martini glasses are really expensive, and I think that's because they seem to be quite difficult to get hold of.

Maybe have a look around and see what other quotes you can get. It does seem a lot of money!

• S
    Beginner April 2012
    shellsworth ·
    • Hide content

My flowers are coming in at just under £1000 and that includes:

mine and 3 x BM bouquets, 9 button holes, 2 David Austin rose bushes for the mums, fresh petal confetti, registrar table flowers, and 8 centrepeice tables. Although our centrepeices are going to be half high, half low, and all in different vases and jam jars with our theme colours ribbon wrapped round.

I would definatley get another quote, I spoke to another florist who, when i told them what I wanted in my bouquet ( gems, pearls and a brouch) they wanted £280 just for that! so I think I got a bargain Smiley smile

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I think they martini glasses sound a bit on the high side but it depends on the size of them. Are the ones you are hiring large martini glasses? If so, then the arrangement will also need to be large. Average price for a large martini is £65-£80 depending on where you live. They definitely aren't the cheapest option as they can take a lot of flowers and time to do. It may be cheaper to go for a conical vase with an arrangement on top rather than the martini vase if she hires those out.

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Please take a look at dunelm mill they do vases of all shapes and sizes inc martini(i think) single long stem and fishbowls max price £8.00 each some are only £5.00 you can get oasis online or from local florist and depending on flowers can get thhem cheap the day before from your local flower market or even supermarket keep them in the garage or celler at the venue overnight and it will be fine for the next day and i bet you could do it under £200 all in just an option depends on your budget but i do think thats slightly expensive. good luck whatever you decide to do x

• Iheartbuttons
    Iheartbuttons ·
    • Hide content

Wow! I never realised quite how expensive fresh flowers and centrepieces can be! I got married abroad 10 years ago so sort of skipped that part lol.

• J
    jules40 ·
    • Hide content

If you want to get your costs down, I am in North West and we do venue dressing we hire out silk table decorations and I have just got martini glasses, they would be a lot cheaper than fresh ones, this picture is one we supplied to a bride who bought them but it will give you an idea

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unfortunately, the day before you need them would give you weak and wilted flowers on the day of the wedding. All flowers bought from wholesale markets need at least two days conditioning to bring them to prime condition and also allows the buds to open ready for use. Whilst goldfish bowls are fairly easy to learn how to do yourself, a martini glass arrangement (rather than just filled with gel or solid flowers popped in) is not an easy task for a beginner. It would take a trained florist 45mins to an hour to do each one.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

The price for the Martini arrangements weill also depend on the size and quantity of flowers for example something like this would take fewer flowers & less time consuming so cheaper:

Whereas a more elaborate larger arrangement takes lots of flowers & time so much more expensive:

• F
    Beginner August 2012
    furture mrs yates ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the reply everyone. I will have a look around a bit more before i pay my deposit. I will have alook for some vase but i am not really creative so could not imagine what the flowers would turn out like.

Rainbow florist - yes the ones i am hiring are 60cm martini glasses

jules40 - do you have a website? wher is the north west are you?

Sherri H - I love your martini vases picture the larger one. is that from your collection?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Yes all the pics are from mine, there are a few more here:

• MrsJenLarkin
    Beginner January 2012
    MrsJenLarkin ·
    • Hide content

Personally, for my wedding I brought my martini/cocktail vases. I thought I may as well fork our a few extra £'s, buy them at the same cost of hiring, and then sell again after the wedding, And I had no problems in selling mine what so ever after.

I brought ours from easyfloristsupplies.co.uk

• J
    jules40 ·
    • Hide content

Hi I am based in Eccles Salford, but we travel all over the place, our hire charges include delivery ,set up and collection afterwards. We have a website,but more pictures on facebook look for A Sixpence for her shoe, and if you want a quote you can email me at ****@*******************.**.**

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics