Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Pipsybus
Beginner June 2015

Flower costs?

Pipsybus, 22 of June of 2014 at 12:20 Posted on Planning 0 11

Can anyone give me an idea of what I should be budgeting for flowers? I don't buy flowers often so have no idea what they cost in the real world - never mind in wedding land! I'll need a bouquet for myself (possibly peonies), and one for my MOH and one for my flower girl. I think all posy style and not big.

My reception venue has fresh hops all around the room which are really pretty so I think we just need flowers for the tables. I'm really keen on just having gypsophila in small tins that I'm decorating but we'll have around 10 long tables so it'll be a fair amount of gyp!

Anyone have any idea (even ball park...?)

11 replies

Latest activity by Hmcx, 22 of June of 2014 at 23:15
  • C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

For 3 bouquets and 5 button holes and 2 corsages I'm paying about £240 I think - can't quite remember but in that region. Centre pieces are about £20 each - martini vases with flowers. It will depend on what type of flowers you want, if they are in season and the size of the bouquet too.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Peonies are one of the most expensive wedding flowers to choose (sorry Smiley sad ) They are beautiful but very pricey especially if they don't have a good season. They are limited in availability too so depends what time of the year you are marrying. Artficial peonies, however, are available all year round and extremely realistic. I can give you a ball park figure for a peony hand-tied mixed with other flowers at around £70/£75 for your bouquet depending on where you live. I'm a florist in the North but prices are higher in the South of the country. If you want all peonies, possibly more. An easy way to reduce the total cost would be for you to just have peonies and have the bridesmaids bouquets in gyp or gyp and roses. This will make your bouquet more special than theirs and will tie in with your tables too. I always say spend as little as possible on bridesmaids as all eyes will be on you and your Groom at the wedding and most of the photos you will have on show after the wedding at home will be of you both as a couple. Hope that helps.

• Pipsybus
    Beginner June 2015
    Pipsybus ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for repliying guys.

Over the rainbow - I'm am in the south (kent) and I'm getting married in June so think peonies are in season? Thanks for the tip about bridesmaid - I think roses and gyp for her and maybe just gyp for the little one might be good. I just didn't want to speak to a florist with no idea at all and come away feeling overwhelmed by prices!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

You should be Ok then for June. Another option are David Austin roses which are very similar to peonies and also beautiful. They are slightly cheaper than peonies - a little bit Smiley smile If you get 3 quotes from florists in your area then you can go for one that you like the most. Out of town florists tend to be cheaper than town centre ones due to lower overheads so you can save a little bit there too.

• Pipsybus
    Beginner June 2015
    Pipsybus ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Over the Rainbow. Just googled David Austin roses as not heard of them before and I'm not a huge rose fan but they're gorgeous. I'll keep them in mind when I speak to the florists.

• .A.S.
    Beginner July 2014
    .A.S. ·
    • Hide content

I've got a David Austen and peony bouquet (white) £125

mini versions for BMS £80ish

and nine big gypsophila centrepieces

the whole kit and caboodle is sitting at around £800-900

• Pipsybus
    Beginner June 2015
    Pipsybus ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Gulp......! That's quite a price for flowers!

• .A.S.
    Beginner July 2014
    .A.S. ·
    • Hide content

I agree. I just wholly associate weddings with beautiful flowers. That was the bit of the magazines that excited me the most. No one tells you that the magazine pictures are £4000 displays though -_-

Gyp prices will be going up because it's SO in fashion right now, but it's still relatively cheap. I'm just going bonkers and having a lorry full Smiley winking

i allocated the largest parts of my budget to TOG and flowers... Everything else paled afterwards. They were the bits that I know **i** would remember. By I I mean we, obviously Smiley winking

Beginner March 2015
    *CrazyCatLady* ·
    • Hide content

My tip would be to go to an independent florist if possible - mine works from home and therefore her overheads are extremely low meaning she gave us a quote which was totally unbeatable. She also came highly recommended and had a HUGE portfolio.

We're having:

1 bridal bouquet

5 BM bouquet

1 heart basket with petals for FG

10 button holes

6 corsages

2 thank you bouquets for MOB and MOG

1 top table floral arrangement

for the grand total of £320 which is a fabulous price much cheaper than anything we were quoted anywhere else Smiley smile

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

We are paying just over £700 for the following:

1 x Bridal bouquet with mixed roses, hydrangea, herbs, and a few other pretty flowers - £85

3 x Bridesmaids bouquets (similar just smaller) - £40 each

7 x button holes - rose, sprigs of lavender and a bit of greenery - £6 each

9 x table centres - mixed vintage vases with mixed vintage, roses, hydrangea etc etc - £40 each

1 x top table arrangement - £100

Set up and delivery of bouquets - rest of the budget

FLOWERS COST A LOT!! x

• S
    Beginner November 2014
    Sazzle24 ·
    • Hide content

I'm buying foam flowers and hoping for the best. If they don't look quite right then I'll have foam for the bouquets and buttonholes and real flowers for the centrepieces. X

• Hmcx
    Beginner July 2014
    Hmcx ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a red and white rose bouquet for myself which is costing 45. its not massive but the neither is my dress so i wanted simple.

my flower girls are having 3 rose wands which are about 15 pounds each.

if my bridesmaids were having rose bouquets they would have been about 25 each, but ive gone for gyp instead and thats 15pounds each to be hand tied.

for table decorations we are have gyp sprayed red. gyp is quite cheap 1.50 for a stem we have having 5 stems per table tied together so its 7.50 per table.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics