Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Soon2bMrsCB
Beginner July 2014

flower girl advice needed!

Soon2bMrsCB, 13 September, 2012 at 19:38 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi everyone

Im new here and im loving reading all your posts, my ticker wont work and im not sure how to fix it but thats the least of my problems!!

Im not getting married until 28th July 2014 but already decided on a few things, iv asked my best friend to be chief bridesmaid and her daughter who is my goddaughter to be flower girl, now last week my cousin has asked me to be their new daughters goddaughter, im chuffed to be asked and of course said yes, but does that mean i now have to have her as a flower girl? she also has a sister 2 yrs older so id have to ask her also and my other cousin has a daughter so if i asked them id have to ask her too!!!

Im on quite a budget and would be going from 1 to 4 flower girls but I dont want to upset anyone because we are a very close family, some advice please!!

x

4 replies

Latest activity by Soon2bMrsCB, 13 September, 2012 at 20:41
  • T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

You have nearly 2 more years to go so I'd leave it as is with the 1 FG at this stage. There is plenty of time to add more at a later date, but you can 'uninvite' them down the line.

Dont be pressured into have more out of guilt or what the family think. Weddings cost more than you think & you might later wish you'd spent the extra money on something other than yet more FG's.

I was in a similar situation, even being told that my cousins little girl had practiced walking down the aisle with flowers. This was at my engagement party before I'd even thought about ANY of the bridal party! Be honoured to be the godmother, but dont mention anything about being a flower girl until closer to the time & if you can afford it & are sure you want so many little girls.

• Nicola_84uk
    Beginner October 2013
    Nicola_84uk ·
    • Hide content

Choosing BM's & FG's is always a difficult one. I am very close to my cousins and they all have children (about 6 girls in total) I am very close to 2 in particular and made the choice to have them as my flower girls (one of them is my god daughter) I also have another god daughter (my best friends daughter) and i felt awful about not asking her but felt things could easily spiral out of control if i did. She actually approached me before I had even talked about it and said that it's my day and i should have what i want. She was married fairly recently and told me not to worry about the decisions i wanted to make and if people really care for you they won't question your decisions. i know in reality this isn't always the way but it's your day, have what you want!!

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content

Just because someone asks you to be godmother doesn't mean you have to have them as your flower girl. Although it would be nice, it's not like they have to pay anything for you to be god mother, but you have to pay for a dress, headband, shoes etc. I agree to maybe leave it for now and see how the budgeting goes. Could you ask the parents to at least help to pay for the dress?

For the ticker you need to use the BB pseudo HTML code.

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    kayzz ·
    • Hide content

Our flower girl is OHs neice who is also his god daughter, he has 2 more nieces(i have none, no nephews either Smiley sad ) and his other sister was annoyed her daughter wasnt a flower girl, OH did say get her the same dress but i said no how do we draw the line if we start doing that?

If you have a budget then stick to the one and just explain that to people

• Soon2bMrsCB
    Beginner July 2014
    Soon2bMrsCB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone! I really think that i do actually only want one flower girl anyway, i will take your advice and wait until next year and see how things are, I just had a vision of what i wanted and it might have to change, but think i will see how the budget goes, if there really is no money then i will have to tell the mums and hope they understand!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics