Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2014

Flower girl dress

Mrs EtoB, 17 of March of 2014 at 15:16 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi

I need to find a flower girl dress for my niece who will be 3 and a half when we get married. I just want a fairly simple ivory dress as I'm having a blue sash made to go around it.

Can anyone recommend any dresses to me? I really don't want to spend a lot as this will just be something she wears once and never again - but I don't want to get something second hand. I've seen one in M&S that is only £35 but am struggling to find anything cheaper than that. BHS, Monsoon, Next, John Lewis - are all quite expensive.

Any recommendations would be most welcome!

Thank you.

15 replies

Latest activity by Jayla, 31 of March of 2014 at 14:57
  • C
    Beginner May 2014
    cmchannon ·
    • Hide content

Try bhs, or the company I used through ebay was roco x

• M
    Beginner June 2014
    Mrs EtoB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, I will have a look.

It just seems that as soon as the word "wedding" or "flower girl" is in front of a tiny childs ivory dress - the price shoots up. The cheapest I've seen on BHS is £30-35 which still seems like a lot to me. I wanted to pay half that really. Especially as I'm going to have to get a sash made, a cardigan and shoes for her to wear too!

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Tescos have two different options for £27...

1)

2)

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

Tk Maxx

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Depending when your day is, you could wait for the sales. Try TK Maxx and matalan too. Saino's and asda do nice children's clothes. I agree about looking away from the wedding aisles though Smiley winking. Or try eBay etc. bargains galore on there. X

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

Try Tk Maxx

• M
    Beginner June 2014
    Mrs EtoB ·
    • Hide content

Wow - I would never have thought to look in Tesco - and both those dresses are really nice! Thank you.

Haven't looked in TK Maxx yet so will definitely give that a try too. Wedding is in June but I ideally need to get something by the end of April so don't think there'll be any sale items for wedding stuff now but will be keeping my eyes peeled!

I can't seem to find an ivory dress that isn't in the "wedding" section on websites - always bumps up the price doesn't it!

Thank you ladies!

• Nicksy88
    Beginner June 2014
    Nicksy88 ·
    • Hide content

Hi just thought I'd mention the first dress from Tesco are what I have got for my 3 flower girls.. They are lovely and fab quality.. Really quick free delivery to my nearest store too! Hope that helps! x

• M
    Beginner June 2014
    Mrs EtoB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Nicksy88! I do really like the look of that one and it seems to be much better value for money than what is on offer elsewhere! Will have to look at cardigans and shoes for her in there too.

• Nicksy88
    Beginner June 2014
    Nicksy88 ·
    • Hide content

The quality for the money is fab.. Also if u have quidco they put Tesco codes on quite often so I ordered all 3 separately with £5 off vouchers so only cost £22 each!! X

• T
    Beginner
  • M
    Beginner June 2014
    Mrs EtoB ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I just wanted to report back and say that I've bought the first shown dress here from Tesco and a little matching cardie - total £35 - and it is really lovely. Great quality and quite thick material with a nice lining underneath. I'm really pleased with it. I just hope it fits my niece now! She's trying it on on Sunday so fingers crossed!

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

That's great, fingers crossed it fits okay ;-)

• Nicksy88
    Beginner June 2014
    Nicksy88 ·
    • Hide content

I'm so glad you are pleased with the dress! They are lovely! X

• M
    Beginner June 2014
    Mrs EtoB ·
    • Hide content

Well I'm back to the drawing board with this one. My niece tried the dress on at the weekend and its a bit too snug across her chest so will have to go back. The age 4-5 will be too big so I'm looking for another make.

When she tried it on at the weekend she hated it and tried to rip it off so it's made me even more determined to not pay out for a beautiful dress that she might even refuse to wear on the day. So I found this one in next which is a t-shirt material on top and a netting skirt. I think its really pretty and at only £13 I think its a great idea. Can I ask your opinions - do you think she will look enough like a flower girl in it?

https://www.next.co.uk/g392520s4

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

I think it looks lovely. She will probably be more comfortable in it too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics