Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2015

Flower girl dresses *FLASH*

mrs_w_to_be, 24 of May of 2015 at 13:21 Posted on Planning 0 12

OK so I'm currently trying to find dresses for my two flower girls, ages 5 and 7

These are my bridesmaid dresses (I have 2 adults and a 13 year old)

I've seen these and I think they are cute and will go well with our colour scheme, but I'm wondering if they are a bit "young" for a 5 and 7 year old? Not sure if they are better suited to toddlers?

Also, the whole theme I'm going for is quite elegant and understated so I'm not sure if these are a bit OTT? But then I think we could get away with it because they are kids and will look cute? I just think they match the colour scheme better than plain ivory ones!

I really can't make my mind up, so would appreciate some honest opinions please!

Thank you x

12 replies

Latest activity by mrs_w_to_be, 25 of May of 2015 at 11:53
  • M
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrsmalpass ·
    • Hide content

I am thinking of also getting this flower girl dress! Not sure my BM dresses are similar coral colour

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    mrs_w_to_be ·
    • Hide content

Oh really? Have you found a UK seller? The only ones I can find are on ebay or etsy but from America. So it's a bit of a risk, but all I can find in this country are plain ivory or white ones and I really want to tie in the coral colour scheme with them!

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrsmalpass ·
    • Hide content

No ebay, i took a risk with my BM dresses at £35 each from china but they all fit amazing and look really good quality so i was very happy, my flower girl is also 7 but she really wants to be a princess for the day and wants as she calls it a "puffy" dress. I think i will give it a go but im abit worried about sizing her. May have to take her to debenhams and see what dress size fits best

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    mrs_w_to_be ·
    • Hide content

That's the thing, if they don't fit it will cost more to send them back than the actual dresses cost!! But at least at that price it's not the end of the world, just doesn't leave much time to find something else!

Just noticed you're an August bride as well, I'm August 28th Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Why don't you buy plain ivory dresses and then get a seamstress to make a sash, and flowers for it? It will take away the not trying before buying risk and may well be cheaper.

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    mrs_w_to_be ·
    • Hide content

I did think of that celticcurl - I have a family friend studying fashion design at uni and she's brilliant at customising things, so I wanted to get plain ivory dresses and get her to add coral detail. But I'm really struggling to find a completely plain ivory dress in the right shape and style!

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

BHS have a couple that might work - Isla and Lydia. Sorry couldn't get link to work.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

BHS have a couple that might work - Isla and Lydia. Sorry couldn't get link to work.

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    mrs_w_to_be ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much! Just had a look - I love the Isla one but it's out of stock in their sizes Smiley sad I've signed up for an email notification if it comes back in so fingers crossed! Thanks again Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

You're welcome. I'm recovering from a hangover today so not up to doing much, which means I have time to be helpful to other brides ?

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    mrs_w_to_be ·
    • Hide content

Haha I always find it much easier to come up with ideas and suggestions for other people's weddings than I do for my own!

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Clairej20 ·
    • Hide content

These are lovely and in coral

http://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-girl-floral-neckline-bridesmaid-dress-coral/p1845290

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    mrs_w_to_be ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Clairej20 - I saw that one in John Lewis but it's a few shades different from the coral of the BMs dresses unfortunately. If I go with ivory with a coral sash, even if the sash isn't the exact same shade it won't be as noticeable as if it's a full dress! They are lovely though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics