Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner October 2015

Flower girl/ Jr bridesmaid dress - Help!

Vicki2015, 6 of August of 2015 at 12:59 Posted on Planning 0 6

My wedding is in just under 12 weeks but I still haven't found a dress for my flower girl. She is in 9 years old clothes so more like a junior bridesmaid and she wants a floor/ankle length dress similar to the bridesmaids.

Can anyone recommend somewhere online that sells long dresses like this? I've tried Dessy and Alexia Jr but at just under 200pounds its a little out of budget.

A lot of the flower girl dresses I've seen are a bit too babyish for her. We have a back up in Monsoon but it's not long so any feedback gratefully received!

6 replies

Latest activity by Calella, 6 of August of 2015 at 17:25
  • M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsSDtobe ·
    • Hide content

Bhs have a teen bridesmaid range that starts at age 9? So more teenage than child like? I saw some very pretty ones when I was looking at the bridal stuff, good prices too

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

What are your bridesmaids wearing?

• Kamila27
    Beginner April 2016
    Kamila27 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Vicki,

I saw some flower girl dresses in the outlet I visited https://www.wed2b.co.uk/bridesmaids/flowergirl-dresses-mia.php# but it might be the 'girlish' style for her. On the other hand it's £65 so maybe some alterations or dying could do? Sorry if I'm talking rubbish, I'm useless with a needle and have no idea if that's an option.

How tall she is? They do junior bridesmaids dress as well but it starts at size 12 and have other colours and it's short one Smiley sad

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

Where abouts are you? Davids Bridal do lovely junior bridesmaids dresses, they have a store at Westfield in London.

• V
    Beginner October 2015
    Vicki2015 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for feedback girls. I'm in Scotland and been round most places in the central belt but haven't found anything under 200 yet, i might have to admit defeat and pay it but it seems so much considering she will have grown out of it with a couple months. She is quite tall for her age, she is actually only 8 years old but is in 9-10 year clothes.

The bridesmaids are wearing this dress below. I've seen a teenage one in BHS now (thanks for suggesting that, I didn't know they did teenage dresses!) so I'm going to see if the colour matches or if it is too much of a clash

• V
    Beginner October 2015
    Vicki2015 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Kamila, its very pretty but a bit young for her. Shame as the colour would possibly be a good match with the bridesmaids!

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

Hi Vicki,

Have you been along to Livingston Designer Outlet? You might find something there! How about Next? They have nice kids stuff and you might find something that works. What about John Lewis, House of Fraser or Debenhams?

I tend to think that lighter colours look nicer on kids rather than dark, so I think it'll still look lovely if the colours don't match exactly!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics