Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2017

Flower girl or junior bridesmaid

Lou37, 15 of January of 2016 at 14:54 Posted on Planning 0 9

Im having 5 bridesmaids, when we get married next year they will be 18,13,11 and 10

would you look for junior bridesmaids or flower girl type dresses. Not the 18 year old obviously!

thanks

9 replies

Latest activity by FloLo, 17 of January of 2016 at 09:59
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

I'm also having 5 - ages will be 36, 24, 24, 7 and 5

I'm making the 2 young ones Junior Bridesmaids because their other Aunts (by marriage - pshh) had them as Flower Girls so I need to make them more important, obviously! ?

On a more serious note - I think Junior BMs would work really well with those ages. It's not very easy if you want to dress them all the same though!

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Lou37 ·
    • Hide content

I had orginially thought to go with a pastel theme and have them all different colours, wonder if different colours and different styles would be too much??

maybe one colour but different styles??

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I think at their ages they'd probably like a bit of input into what they're happy wearing so may be worth asking them what style they'd prefer and go from there?

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

10 is the new 16 isn't it Lou? Lol. Definitely I would say junior bridesmaids. No 10 year old will want to be a flower girl I reckon as they think they are all grown up. My 8 year old granddaughter is bad enough.

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends on the girls. I had a 9 and 12 year old in my wedding, and the adult bridesmaids were wearing an Amethyst dress, which came in adult and junior sizes. The 9 year old is quite petite and young-looking for her age, whereas the 12 year old is over 5ft and has well and truly hit puberty. Their Mum and I decided that the Amethyst dress was too old for the little one but it looked stunning on the big one. So the little one had an ivory dress with an Amethyst sash. However, they were both "bridesmaids" - and they both loved their dresses.

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    Sorbet ·
    • Hide content

Junior bridesmaids... if I was 10 and asked to be a flower girl i would of been offended as its a very baby-ish role and pre-teens want to feel grown up

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having my 9 year old goddaughter be my Junior Bridesmaid. Her cousins who are 2 and 4 will be the flower girls. I didn't want her to feel replaced since she has always been the flower girl at other family weddings. I ended up getting my bridesmaid dresses from Dessy and they have matching Junior Bridesmaid dresses. She will be in the same fabric and color but wearing a more age appropriate style. I'm sure other brands must offer something similar.

• Shelly70
    Beginner July 2016
    Shelly70 ·
    • Hide content

My 10 year old niece will be a bridesmaid. I had ordered her a junior dress to match the adult ones but it was too small and the adult dress was just wrong so I'm searching for an ivory dress that suits her age but she will definitely be a bridesmaid and not a flower girl.

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Lou37 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone

Slightly worried about giving them an opinion! ! My daughter would take over lol and my two step daughter are very indecisive

Have seen advert for dessy will take a look

Thanks x

• F
    Beginner June 2016
    FloLo ·
    • Hide content

My OH's niece is our flower girl/junior bridesmaid. She's 10 so I knew the other bridesmaid's dresses would be in no way suitable for her. I was dreading trying to find something for her, we went shopping yesterday though and I was really surprised; Debenhams and John Lewis have some beautiful dresses, and where I thought she would want to look older she actually picked some of the more traditional flower girl styles.

We even managed to find a matching dress in Age2 for our other niece who isn't being a flower girl (she will be 1 but is big for her age) but thought it would be lovely to have a special dress for her.

I would definitely recommend Debenhams and John Lewis

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics