Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bethan
Beginner September 2025 Denbighshire

Flower Girl - reception only?

Bethan, 17 of April of 2024 at 12:19 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi all,

Kind of a strange one. Me and my partner are having an intimate ceremony of only closest family but a larger reception. I would love a young family member to be a flower girl and I know she would adore it but she won't be at the ceremony. Can flower girls exist just at the reception or is that in bad taste? She's 6 and I told her I'd be getting her a flower crown for the event but not sure on the etiquette of the role of flower girl.

I know in theory that you can do whatever you want for your own wedding, but I just don't know what's best to do.

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 18 of April of 2024 at 20:14
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ยท
    • Hide content

I don't see any reason why not. She can still have photos with you - if you want her to have a bigger 'role', then maybe she could precede you into the reception. Although if she's very young, it might be better just to give her a cute outfit and let her do whatever she feels like on the day. Last wedding I went to that had a tiny flower girl, she went into full meltdown mode and lay down on the bride's train as the bride was trying to walk up the aisle Smiley xd

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics