Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2017

Flower girl shoes, which colour?

MrsPtoB, 1 of March of 2017 at 22:03 Posted on Planning 0 8

I'm going to be ordering flower girl dresses like this for my 2 daughters. What colour of shoes should I get to go with them? Navy or ivory?

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/468506933/navy-blue-lace-ivory-tulle-flower-girl?ref=hp_rv

8 replies

Latest activity by MrsPtoB, 6 of March of 2017 at 21:43
  • 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I think you could have either and they would both look lovely, but personally I'd go for Navy- less likely to end up looking dirty before the end of the day, more likely to be worn again and will complement the top of the dress and 'balance' the outfit.... you could go for ivory flowers or ribbons in their hair to really finish it off!!

• M
    Beginner September 2017
    MrsPtoB ·
    • Hide content

That's very good points about choosing navy! We're getting married at a castle, outdoors, and the trek up and down would probably mean the ivory would end up looking dirty. I'm having pink flowers and the girls will have pink too, just hope it all looks good together on the day!

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I would think Navy shoes are a definite if you're getting married in a Castle and there will be 'outside walking' involved! Pink flowers will look lovely with those dresses!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous dress! Thank I would go with navy too.

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Navy or sparkly silver would be nice?

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Lovely dress, I vote for navy too!

• M
    Beginner September 2017
    MrsPtoB ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all. Unfortunately it looks like I'll have to change my mind on the colours Smiley sad The groom hasn't completely decided what he will be wearing. We know it will be a kilt, mostly a grey and black tartan and he wants a grey waistcoat and jacket. The problem is that my 3 sons will also be wearing kilts but won't be having jacket, waistcoat etc. They will just have shirts and of course kilt socks and shoes. They will have to wear black shirts and I never thought of this before but I think that black will look silly with navy and I can't really change what the boys will wear. Now I have a dilemma of what colour to use for the bridesmaid and flower girls :/ I think I might start a new thread and get some advice.

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Oh no!

What time of year are you getting married? Type of wedding? Have u had any other bridesmaid colours in mind at all?

My little girl is about to be a flower girl for the 4th time and has worn coloured and Ivory dresses. Personal taste, but I must admit I have always preferred the ivory dresses.

• M
    Beginner September 2017
    MrsPtoB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The wedding is in September. I hadn't really had any colour in mind. I would happily put my youngest in just ivory, she will be 4 but my older girl will be 9 and I'm not sure she will want the same dress as her little sister. And my bridesmaid still needs a dress, not sure what to do now colour wise.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics