Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner January 1998

Flower Girl Wands

MrsI2Be, 4 May, 2013 at 19:48 Posted on Planning 0 14

My gorgeous god daughter is going to be my flower girl. She is 2 and a half. I am really struggling with what I want her to have to hold. Think I want her to have a little wand. Has anyone got any suggestions of where I can get this? She is going to be wearing an ivory dress so ideally I want something that can incorporate the colour of my bridesmaids dress which is a bright pink, sort of fuchsia.

I've spoken to my florist already and it's not something she does. Only 8 weeks to go and this little detail is stressing me out!

All suggestions appreciated!

14 replies

Latest activity by Knees, 8 May, 2013 at 15:22
  • katiechops
    Beginner June 2013
    katiechops ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I saw some in Dunelm Mill recently, they were nice and only about £2.99. Have you seen the flowergirl flags? Ive just ordered one of these >>>>>> x

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content

I had wands made by one of our very own HIBS, Rainbow Florist.

I don't have a very clear picture on the laptop I'm on, so here's the best I can show you (you can see it if you look closely). The ribbon was chosen to match my BM dresses.

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

There are alot on ebay but I'm a tightwad and didn't want to spend too much when I could make one to suit for less. So I'm in the middle of making one for my 4yo. I bought a white wicker heart wand from dunelm for about £1.50 and sprayed it silver grey to match our colour scheme (didn't even need to buy the spray paint, I just nabbed hubbys car wheel stuff from the garage!) I've already got a selection of mini ribbon roses, various sized pearl and diamanté beads and pearl strings, ribbons etc so I'm just decorating the heart with those and attaching grey ribbon bows to it. As I already had all the deco bits left over from other makes, it will literally have cost me £1.50 :0)

I love being a superscrimper hehe!

• G
    Beginner August 2013
    GoogleyB ·
    • Hide content

How about this

http://www.posie.co.uk/childrens/bright-pink-flower-girl-wand.html

ive bought the red version for my flowergirl and its lovely, the wand is longer than it looks on the photo and the flower is smaller, but perfect or way I wanted Smiley smile

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

There's a few designs of the metal wands in star shapes and heart shapes. They also do white whicker hearts with ribbon loops, pearls in a heart shape with ribbon loopAnother idea is a small teddy that little girls love to carry with a ribbon bow. If she's only 2, some of the metal wands are 'officially' deemed unsuitable for under 3 years due to small parts. There is also the single flower which a lot of people class as 'wands' which are also popular:-

Other ideas are small pomanders, dolly bags, twirly windmills and small flower baskets.

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I remember you telling me this. One of my flower girls was 2 1/2 and I checked with her mum before ordering them.

Love the idea of twirly windmills!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

? Love her fairy wings - so cute!

• T
    Beginner June 2013
    tware ·
    • Hide content

Hope you don't mind me asking where and how much your flag was?

• katiechops
    Beginner June 2013
    katiechops ·
    • Hide content

Hi. The flag is from Ritzyrose. They have a web page and are on etsy. There's a few different ones and there's a sale on now so I got mine for about £20. I say about as its a US shop so you'll have to convert it.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Im sure I've seen fairy wands at tesco, asda, poundland, argos etc. Just add the fushia ribbon at match the BM dresses.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Sammyj74 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting my flower girl a wand from Not on The High Street.com It's really lovely as they do it with their initial on top of it and ribbon in your colour scheme :-)

• M
    Marilyn ·
    • Hide content

I am surprised you florist could not come up with a suggestion..............as Rainbow says be careful of some of them for a flower girl under 3, the star particullarly can be a bit dangerous!

A single flower, silk or fresh with ribbons can look very sweet I have done that a number of times for little ones.

• INeverThought
    INeverThought ·
    • Hide content

A single flower ie gerbera, rose or calla lilly decorated with fuschia ribbon would be perfect for your little girl and as it wont have any beads etc would be safe for her to use as previously mentioned small parts for under 3's could pose problems... some ideas here https://www.weddingflowerz.co.uk/page12.htm

you could also have a wrist corsage, petal basket, pomanders as alternatives Smiley smile

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I have a fascinator website and the lady who makes bridesmaid hairbands etc for me also makes fairy wands. If you email me with details I could get one made for you.

wwww.weddingfascinator.co.uk

*****************@*****.***

Hope that helps

Lynne

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Our flowergirls had a sort of little metal heart, which was filled with flowers. The florist was able to supply it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics