Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

tizmelou
Beginner September 2012

Flower girls and bridesmaid dresses advice please!?

tizmelou, 20 of February of 2012 at 13:32 Posted on Planning 0 13

I have 2 small flowergirls, my willowy 17 year old daughter and my somewhat older and different shaped best friend, I want the 2 flower girls in the same dress, I've found a dusky pink and ivory dress that would look lovely on them but I'm worried about the other 2. The same style dress wont suit both I dont think but then pinks can differ - would it look odd for them to be in different shades and styles of dress? i kinda think it would but if anyone can prove me different it would be such a releif!! I'm having different shades of pink flowers, mainly pale and dusky if that helps... Thanks in advance!

13 replies

Latest activity by MrsDJG, 23 of January of 2015 at 13:03
  • *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

I'd consider putting the little ones in just ivory like this (Monsoon):

Are you having their dresses made? They could have the same fabric but different designs that way. You could also get an extra piece of their dress fabric to make coodinating sashes for the little ones?

If you are buying off the peg, I'd be tempted to go for colours that 'go' rather than match, because finding exact matches will be really hard.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Oooo I think I mis-read...

These are different shade of pink and look good:

http://media.theknot.com/ImageStage/Objects/0003/0063595/large_image.jpg

http://ugc.theknot.com/231545-large.jpg

• warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content

I think it would look ok in different shades of pink, i found this pic. Hope it helps.

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

You could buy your two bridesmaids' dresses from the same designer/range but let them have different dresses? That way they would have the same material/colour.

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 3 bms, all in black but all in different styles dresses, shoes, hair styles. they are three very different people and very different sizes.

do what you think look sbest Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LEMBS8 ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing the same with my flowers and I have 5 BMs and they are all wearing different dresses in different shades of pink - as chosen by them. I haven't seen them all together yet but I did a mood board of all of the dresses and I think it will be really nice. The flowers tie it all together. I wasn't concerned about them matching and I think it's a nice way for them each to reflect their own personalities and be comfortable on the day. You could always go try some things on with them both and see how you think they look together in different dresses.

• princesssaraht
    Beginner December 2012
    princesssaraht ·
    • Hide content

Hi I think its fine to have different dresses, but in a colour like pink I think they look better if they are the same material - IMO (and not everyone may agree) something like satin wouldnt go with chiffon!

• tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

Thenks everyone - LEMBS8 are you able to flash your mood board?

• grace1974
    grace1974 ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.5starsweddingsandoccasions.co.uk/category/flower_girl_dresses

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Grace - this thread is three years old!!! Others you've commented on today are three and one 5 years old!!! Please don't ressurect old threads just to promote your business.

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    Squirrel1 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya...i'm pretty new to this forum. I came across this thread (I know it's an old one) but wondered if I could ask for some advice from you all regarding flower girl/bridesmaid dresses. I have 3 adult bridesmaids and they are going to be dressed in a mauve/purple colour like this (sorry don't know how to do flashes. The dress has arrived much darker than it is in the picture though. http://debenhams.scene7.com/is/image/Debenhams/008010311619?wid=1250&hei=1250&qlt=95

I then have four younger bridesmaids/flower girls aged 2, 5, 7 and 11. I automatically presumed these would wear ivory dresses in different styles depending on their age and I would get some sashes to complement or match the older bridesmaids. However, the mother of the older children says you are not meant to put the younger children and older children in the ivory and that the two older children should be in something completely different again?! So my question is this really...is it odd to have all the children in the ivory?? I just don't want to end up with too many shades or purple and materials etc..but don't want to annoy or have arguments over dresses either!!! Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly received Smiley smile

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Welcome Smiley smile. Simply put them in whatever you want. There no rules!, x

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    Squirrel1 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the reassurance. I just don't want to upset people over it. But really want them all to look matching and not too many different materials and colours! I'm not up with the family politics. I like things to be stress free but also don't want to cave into a look and style I really don't want!!

• MrsDJG
    Beginner May 2015
    MrsDJG ·
    • Hide content

If you went for Dessy dresses, or Veromia D'Zage, you could get differnet dresses in the same fabric and colour - that's what i'd do. x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics