Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carol1
Beginner June 2010

Flower girls carrying baskets

Carol1, 18 May, 2010 at 12:33 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi there,

I'm getting married in a church with two flower girls (9 & 11). I had ordered them a small posy to carry down the aisle. But now I'm thinking of changing it to a basket filled with confetti

what do you think about that?

xxxxx

12 replies

Latest activity by TheCakeNinja, 13 June, 2010 at 22:59
  • belindacoles
    Beginner May 2011
    belindacoles ·
    • Hide content

My sister got married last year and her flower girl scattered petals down the isle, it looks really cute!

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

I initially had this idea as I think it looks lovely when they're walking down the aisle, but then my florist made quite a good point that afterwards, they ultimately end up with an empty basket in all the pics (because they will sprinkle all the petals/confetti!) and sometimes it looks a bit odd. I suppose if you have enough for them to keep filling it up though it would still look fine in all the pics, but who's going to keep doing that?

Unless they have the basket for the ceremony etc, and then something else for the pics?

Just an idea anyway, it's not a massively big thing so might not bother you!

• Carol1
    Beginner June 2010
    Carol1 ·
    • Hide content

Hmm i hadn't thought about photos or anything. I just wondered if they were maybe a bit too old to carry baskets, but they are both very small for their age.

It's just I'm looking into confetti at the moment, and thought who would carry it, and it could kill two birds with one stone and save me a bit of money on flowers. Hmm, not sure what to do....

• Doll
    Beginner September 2010
    Doll ·
    • Hide content

I say go for it! That's what I'm doing with my 3. Mine are 5, 6 and 7 and i figure it will give them something to do and focus on rather than being petrified at everyone watching them walk down the aisle!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I've made these for flowergirls:

• Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content

I think it's a good idea.

I wanted something different for my Flower Girls so the Lovely Purrfect Gems is making me Butterfly wands as I'm having a butterfly theme.

That way it's something they will be able to keep and cherish as a memento of the day.

HTH

LxXx

• kj82
    Beginner December 2010
    kj82 ·
    • Hide content

I have 3 bms aged 3 - 7.

The 7 yr old will be my fg with a basket and scattering petals as she's the most responsible lol. I have wands for the other 2. I'll probably get cbm to top up the petals for the pics (she can stash them in the glam bag im buying her! lol)

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

Im having 1 flower girl and shes 8. She is getting a bouquet thr same as the other 2 BMs but a smaller version. She doesn't want to be different to them!

• M
    Marilyn ·
    • Hide content

I have done it for brides and decoirated the edge of the basket so it still looks pretty in the photos however you MUST check with the Church that they will allow it some don't allow confetti or petals anywhere and if they do someone has to go in afterwards to clear it up so you may be charged for that so best to check you may end up spending more on the clear up than the posies would have cost

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Absolutely! I don't know of anywhere in my area that does allow it, so best to check as there is nothing worse than the wrath of a vicar!

• KatieInWonderland
    Beginner June 2011
    KatieInWonderland ·
    • Hide content

I love this idea. However my friend recently had their flower girls simply walk down the isle scattering whole daisy heads. Best thing i have seen in a long time. Simply beautiful x

• FunkyDiva
    FunkyDiva ·
    • Hide content

My daughter is having a basket with petals when she is bridesmaid in August.

We have purchased extra petals for the photographs so that the basket will be full again for photographs. I am sure you can ask someone (the mums?) to top the basket up, afterall will not take long.

I think if you are allowed it looks really sweet them scattering them as you walk down the aisle. If not they an do it outside which would probably make a very sweet photograph.

• TheCakeNinja
    TheCakeNinja ·
    • Hide content

Hi, not sure if you made up your mind about these yet but we have these http://www.lilypondcards.com/flowergirlsbridesmaids.htm

Personally I think theyre are lovely for the little ones and as said beore it gives them something important to concentrate on ?

We are still updating at the mo but have some lovely wands and bears going on soon too. (now added)

Andrea

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics