Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner October 2011

Flower Girls.... Up to what age??!

mrs_lewis_2b, 16 February, 2011 at 11:35 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi all,

I'm having my best friend, 2 stepdaughters and my daughter as bridesmaids - They are aged 17, 12 and 8.

The 17 year old is having the same dress as my CBM, and the 12 year old is having a "junior" BM dress - do I go for a matching junior dress for my 8 year old daughter or do I go for a flower girl dress for both of them / just my daughter?? What ages would you go up to realistically for a flower girl??

4 replies

Latest activity by Rod, 16 February, 2011 at 12:51
  • J
    Beginner June 2011
    jen_hhl ·
    • Hide content

My OH neice is also 12 and she is in a junior bridesmaids dress, same colour as the adults and 7 year old flower girl is in ivory. however its your day, have whatever you want!

Jx

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I would put the 8 year old in the same dress as the 12 year old... just personally I think flowergirls stop being flowergirls and become junior bridesmaids about the age of 5 or 6. But it might depend as well on how old your daughter looks for her age... I was a big 8-yo and would have looked silly dressed as a flowergirl, but some 8yos are tiny! So get her to try both maybe, stand her next to the others and see what looks right?

• A
    Beginner August 2012
    Anneka:) ·
    • Hide content

I am having the same problem,I have 2 daughters Imogen will be 4 and Amelia will be 8 when we get married,I have brought the same dresses for both of them because when she tried the "junior" BM dress on it made her look to grown up, I think it was the shape it was to close to her body frame (not tight) and I don't think a 8 year old should be wearing figure hugging dresses.This is just my opinion maybe I think this because she is my daughter?

Its that in between age,you don't want to put them in a dress that is to grown up for them but you don't want to put them in a dress that is to young.

I can send you a pick of the dresses that I have got,if that helps?

Anneka

• A
    Beginner August 2012
    Anneka:) ·
    • Hide content

Im going to leave my youngest daughters plain I think,Ive ordered a meter of extra material of the adult bridesmaids dresses and will take the blue sash off Amelia's dress and put a nicer sash on with the extra material and then she will match the older bridesmaids as well.

Hope it gives you an idea

Anneka

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

My Step -daughter will be 8 and a half (very important half!) and will be in a junior bridemaid version of the older girls - this is mainly because she looks and acts very grown up for 8 (well shes 7 at the mo...) and has been flower girl before in a fluffy little dress - this time I want her to feel more grown up - plus shes my CBM so having her in a flowe girl dress wouldnt reflect that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics