Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Nursey*
Beginner May 2012

Flower girls - what time do they arrive?

*Nursey*, 11 September, 2011 at 14:53 Posted on Planning 0 4

I've been thinking about the logistics of the day/morning

I have 3 adult BMs and 3 FGs. We will be getting ready at my Mum's, which isn't particularly child friendly (only due to the fact that we don't have any children in our immediate family!)

Anyhoo... What I was wondering was - Do I get SIL2B and nieces to arrive together, or get BIL2B/PIL2B to bring my nieces later? Also, do I get my friend to drop off her daughter not long before we're mean to leave, or early in the morning?

What did other people do/are you going to do?

4 replies

Latest activity by *Nursey*, 11 September, 2011 at 21:29
  • Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Depends on the age of the FGs. At my first wedding I had a 3yr old pageboy and a 4yr old flowergirl. My adult BMs travelled with my Mum in a car from my parents' house, and we met the FG & PB at the venue. Made everything much simpler and they were separated from their parents for the minimum possible time.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I think the first thing to do is ask the parents.

I had a 2 year old pageboy who got ready with OHs Sister and I didn't see him until we got to church. We started getting ready at 7am for our wedding and I had my FGs arrive at noon so everyone else was done and they just had to have their hair done and get into therir dresses. Both arrived with their parents - one SIL had been to the hairdresser while LO stayed with her nan to get bathed etc and the other was with her Mom in the hotel.

I also had an 8month old FG who got ready with her Dad and arrived at church with him, to then be handed over to my BM who had been with me all morning.

The Moms will probably give you guidence on what is best as if I had it my way i'd have liked them there all morning, but SIL said it would get the kids over-excited and knackered.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

FG 1: 7yr old and my friend's daughter

FG 2 + 3: 4yr old and 2yr old. My nieces via SIL2B, who is a BM

The only thing is that they all need to have their hair done...

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Oh god, that's a point. My SIL2B is not-so-punctual either!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics