Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner May 2024 Castries

Flower Preservation - Destination Wedding

Jessica, 5 of February of 2024 at 15:56 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 1
Hi!

I’m getting married in St Lucia in May this year and I’d like to get my bouquet preserved if possible. Does anybody have any advice on this as my wedding takes place 6 days before I fly home and I’m unsure whether I would be able to bring the flowers back intact or whether I should attempt to start the drying process while I am there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Smiley smile

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 7 of February of 2024 at 14:23
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

What are you planning on doing with it once it is preserved?

The issue is that there are all kinds of regulations around importing plant material into the UK, so whether it's dried or not, you won't be allowed to bring it in without enormous amounts of cost and paperwork. If you really want to keep it, I would see if you can find a company in the country where you are marrying that preserves bouquets in resin or similar and getting it shipped back to you - if it's sealed in resin, then it should be ok. (You can get resin jewellery, paperweights etc made with part of the bouquet in them, which might be more practical than doing the whole thing!)

Alternatively, you could take detailed photos of your original bouquet and ask a UK florist to make up an identical one for preservation - I know it won't be the actual bouquet you carried on your wedding day, but next best thing?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics