Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

thefuturemrsclarke
Beginner July 2010

flower quotes.

thefuturemrsclarke, 26 July, 2009 at 12:00 Posted on Planning 0 13

Can i ask how much everybody has been quoted for flowers. just had my 1st quote and wanted to see if this is reasonable.

my boquet handtied roses

3 smaller 1s for bms

grooms buttonhole roses

8 bridal party buttonholes roses

50 normal buttonholes for church guests carnations

8 tablecentres which are fish bowls with roses mirrors beads and tealights.

a low n long thing for top table and 2 smaller fishbowls for it

what would you expect to pay for this lot?

13 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 27 July, 2009 at 08:47
  • The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

My first flower quote was:

Brides Bouquet– A hand tied bouquet of Avalanche roses with French ruscus

Bridesmaids Bouquets x 3 – Hand tied bouquets Avalanche roses and French ruscus

Buttonholes x 7 – Avalanche roses with French ruscus

St Mary’s Arch Decoration – An arch of flowers using Asiatic lilies and Avalanche roses with contrasting dark foliage

VW Camper arrangement – A low arrangement for the dashboard of the camper made from the same flowers and foliage as the arch

Reception arrangement – A medium sized arrangement for the reception of Needhams made using the same combination of flowers.

Table Centres – Packed Avalanche roses in square vases with minimal foliage and petals around. (based on 6 tables and 3 for top table)

Total for Flowers £840.40 including VAT and delivery

I had some of the rose types changed and this is the new quote

Brides Bouquet– A hand tied bouquet of Avalanche roses with French ruscus

Bridesmaids Bouquets x 3 – Hand tied bouquets Avalanche roses and French ruscus

Buttonholes x 7 – Akito roses with French ruscus

St Mary’s Arch Decoration – An arch of flowers using Asiatic lilies and Spider Chrysanthemum with contrasting dark foliage

VW Camper arrangement – A low arrangement for the dashboard of the camper made from the Asiatic Lilies and Akito Roses and foliage as the arch

Reception arrangement – A medium sized arrangement for the reception of Needhams made using the same combination of flowers.

Table Centres – Packed Avalanche roses in square vases with minimal foliage and petals around. (based on 6 tables and 3 for top table)

Total for Flowers £624.30 including VAT and delivery

We are holding off on the arch which is about £200 of that!

Hope that helps

• debs1701
    Beginner
    debs1701 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not suppyling buttonholes for guests, that's just extra expense!, any time my parents have gone to weddings they have sorted their own out, maybe something you should think about or maybe even make your own.

Sorry I can't help with your quote as mine prices seem to vary a lot over the water.

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

So my quote of 665 is about right then. i to am having akita roses. what colour of them are you having zippy? if i remember rightly your colour schem is sage green but i dont remember if it was you or someone else who was having pink with it. so im assuming your having pink or white/cream flowers

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

I think that sounds about right. Might be worth getting another quote to compare, unless like me you like the florist so much you are going with her regardless!

The Colour scheme is Sage green and Ivory, so ivory roses.

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

I had 1 quote but the woman seemed to be quite old fashioned and not really with the times, the quote was pennys different but she didnt seem to understand my ideas very well, i just didnt gel with her that well.

debs, i wernt bothered about buttonholes for every guest but h2b believes if its a church wedding then you should have them for everyone, i wernt sure so h2b asked the florist and she said its more civil cerominies that dont have them and it is traditional for church weddings although sh has done church 1s without them. h2b says if we are doing the church bit we should do it properly, its 1 thing he feels strongly about and with the rest of it he is pretty mucvh letting me do what i want so we are having them. they are 1.50 each which i dint think was to bad really

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

We aren't having them for every guest either, even though it is a church wedding. Our extra costs come from having the arrangement in the camper, and if we go ahead with the arch then that will be more.

• AliLindsey
    Beginner November 2009
    AliLindsey ·
    • Hide content

I'm having one handtied bouquet with roses and other stuff (can't remember! I think there are chillis in it!)

4 Button holes for Bridegroom, Best Man, and the two Dads.

2 Corsages for the Mums.

About 10 ish table arrangements.

I think that's going to be about £300.

We're trying not to go too mad with the flowers. And we're not having a church do, so don't need to decorate that.

• H
    Beginner January 2018
    heath1980 ·
    • Hide content

There is a good of prices for flowers which would be able to tell you roughly how much each individual part would cost, see link below:

https://www.watchshopping.com/watch-guide/best-wedding-watches-for-the-bride-and-groom/

There is also an similar forum post on Money Saving Expert

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/362539/how-much-to-pay-for-wedding-flowers

hope this helps as well.

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'd say that was about right. If you ask they should giev you a full break down of what each item costs. And if you do want to save a bit of money they should be able to advise you where & how to do this. For example you may choose to have the bridesmaids with different roses, not as expensive as the akita etc.

You said below too that you the other florist you met with you didn't really gel with; I'd definitely go with the other one then! You want to feel comfortable & happy with your florist; even if it is a little bit more money for you.

HTH

K.

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

Thanks katie. are akita roses the more expensive type then? i have the breakdown, table centrepieces are where the money is going although i do love them, going to see how i get on budget wise everywhere else to see if can have them or need to scrap them. also depends how many tables end up having, need to check with venue when go to view next weekend

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

I originally was going to have avalanche roses in everything, and the florist advised to have them in the bouquet, but to use akito roses in the arrangements and centrepieces as they are less expensive. Something to do with being able to buy different stem lengths. SHe also suggested that with the church arch and camper arrangements to have a mixture of akito roses and lilies with more lilies and greenery to cut down on cost.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

It's not tradition to have them for all the guests only the principal guests i.e., the main bridal party. I always advise against having them for all guests as most people don't want to wear them especially the ladies and, if they do, they usually prefer to pick their own to match their outfit rather than go with the bride's choice of colours which are normally to match the colour theme.

My advice would be not to bother - honestly. I've seen so many wasted when I used to do them for fresh flowerchurch weddings, it's such a waste of money.

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

Other half wants them so he can have them. im having white so should go with all outfits. he says all church weddings hes been to hes had them. my grandparents s agree. maybe its a generation thing as oh is 10 years older than me. oh well. im not to fussed either way tbh

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

As with most things for weddings, it's down to personal choice and budget. If that's what you want, then go for it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics