Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jalapeno
Beginner October 2012

Flowergirl Sash questions

Jalapeno, 15 of June of 2012 at 02:02 Posted on Planning 0 5

I've bought my 5yo FG a gorgeous ivory dress from Debenhams. It's one of my first proper flashes so apologies if it's all squiffy and massive.

Anyway, I love it but I need to break it up with some colour. The sash isn't removable although it's only attached at the sides but the bow is fixed to the dress. I was thinking about getting some chiffon/organza flowers to put around the belt and at the back. Can anyone recommend anything or another material to look for? I'm not very crafty and I can't sew so I'm looking at a pre made option.

Failing that, does anyone know how difficult it'd be for a seamstress to remove the original belt and make a new one. I'm hoping there'll be left over material from the Adult BM's dresses after their fittings? I could ask the seamstress that's doing the alterations because they're already going to make halter necks out of the bottom (they're both quite short so there should be enough) BUT they don't come in until 3 weeks before the wedding and I don't want to leave it until last minute.

Any suggestions welcome. TIA

5 replies

Latest activity by xlovebirdsx, 15 of June of 2012 at 22:38
  • *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I'm about as crafty as a slug so can't really help with your first idea, although it does sound lovely.

As for removing the bow, I reckon a seamstress would be able to do this no problem, it shouldn't take them long.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Pretty easy for them to remove I would say

• celo1
    Beginner May 2012
    celo1 ·
    • Hide content

My flowergirls dress was from Debenhams aswell and we managed to remove the sash and add in a band of material the same colour as the BMs dresses, we also got her a dolly bag in the blue aswell which made it look lovely and tied it in with the BMs. The band of material we added was just fixed with wonderweb and looked fine.

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

Not sure where you are getting the adult dress from but I have ordered my BM adult dresses from a bridal shop and they have order extra material for my pregenant BM and to make a cravat for OH. Would this be an option and then ask them to make the sash and change it over for you?

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

We had the same flower girl dresses as you! We were going to remove the sash and replace with a black one to match the older bridesmaids but in the end decided they were far nicer just as they were and just added a black ribbon to their posies they carried. Flash:

• xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content

I know this is besides the point of this post lol, but how amazing must it be for that little girl - to have her hair done all pretty and model pretty dresses aww ❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics