Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Savvy October 2021 Oxfordshire
ExpensiveGreenDiamonds59574, 30 of July of 2020 at 17:07

Posted on Planning 36

Holy sh.......... I had no idea flowers were this expensive. I only put aside a token amount in the budget. I was originally going to elope in the Caribbean and now we’re planning to stay here so o hadn’t thought about it. Cheapest quote I got was £2500. How much is everyone spending on flowers?
Holy sh.......... I had no idea flowers were this expensive. I only put aside a token amount in the budget. I was originally going to elope in the Caribbean and now we’re planning to stay here so o hadn’t thought about it. Cheapest quote I got was £2500. How much is everyone spending on flowers?

36 replies

• HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hello all

I'm so sorry, it was not my intention of "shaming" anyone for any of their choices, and I certainly wasn't trying to sell my own work, I just wanted people's opinions! I am truly sorry if I have caused offense, it certainly was not intended.

As for the transport for the day, Expensive Green Diamonds, you are correct, it WOULD be hypocritical to assume everyone will drive, we have arranged a coach instead, so that there should be less of an impact that way. We're not eco-warriors by a long chalk, but we just wanted to try and be more considerate. You're also right about the recycling and upcycling - nearly all of our decs /centerpieces and cake stands are from charity shops, ebay, Sellmywedding and Gumtree. The only thing I have bought mostly new were the faux flowers as I did want quality ones that looked realistic, with the intention of them being used several times.

Once again, my apologies if my post came across in the wrong way.

Ali xx

• SneakyPenguin
    Beginner September 2021 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire
    SneakyPenguin ·
    • Hide content
    I am getting my bouquet for about £70, and the bridesmaids for about £40 each. Button holes are costing a couple pounds a pop, and all the decoration is being done with hyper realistic fake flowers from IKEA and Hobbycraft that are costing about £1 each. All together were spending about £500 on flowers
  • G
    Florida
    Global ·
    • Hide content

Wedding flower arrangements are an important aspect of wedding decor, adding beauty and elegance to the ceremony and reception. These arrangements can include bouquets for the bride and bridesmaids, boutonnieres for the groom and groomsmen, centerpieces for tables, and flowers for the ceremony arch or altar.

• Abbey
    Beginner March 2024 Nottinghamshire
    Abbey ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting all my bridesmaids flowers from my local supermarket! It's like 6 pounds for a bouquet and I'm just going to chop and change them around so there's a mix in each bouquet.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics