Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lucy
Savvy October 2023 North Yorkshire

Flowers

Lucy, 19 of January of 2022 at 22:46 Posted on Planning 0 9
I got in touch with a florist who I would like to use for my wedding flowers I got in touch and had a consultation last October, she said she would have a quote ready within a week or so, a month past and I heard nothing so I messaged her to see if she’d got round to doing it and she said she’d been busy (which is fair enough and said I’ll have it done for you by next week. Then she messaged me in December and said is it okay if she gets back to me in the new year with the quote and I said that’s fine as the wedding planning had took a bit of a back seat anyways with Christmas etc. Now we are mid January and I haven’t heard anything back, should I chase her again? But it does make me wonder does she actually want the work or what if she’s getting enquiries for my date also as she’s not exactly said I’ll make a note of the date until I get back to you.

I’ve got a meeting with another florist this Saturday so I’ll see how that goes as well

9 replies

Latest activity by Inhania, 10 of April of 2022 at 06:38
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I would see how it goes on Saturday, if you get a good feeling with this one and you are happy I would see how long it takes them to quote and if it is quick I wouldn't bother chasing the other one. I get she is busy, but as a business a 3 month wait for a quote really is not acceptable. I wonder if she has actually taken on more work than she can cope with, which would worry me. Like you said she hasn't even reserved your date, personally I would walk away, the customer service is not there so for me it would be a no

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Same here - I appreciate wedding vendors are extra busy with all the postponed weddings from the last couple of years, but if she's responding to queries in the order she gets them, she's obviously so overloaded that I'd be worried about her ability to cope. And if she isn't, then it doesn't sound like she's very organised and jobs she views as less important/interesting are just getting pushed to the bottom of the pile. Neither is a great indicator of a good experience.

• Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I would definitely be searching for someone else - if it's this stressful now, you don't wanna be panicking the week of your wedding if you haven't heard from her!

• Lucy
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the reply. I am starting to think also if the other florist on Saturday is enthusiastic and I get a good vibe I will go with her, if the other one does eventually get back to me then it’ll be her loss
  • Lucy
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, yes definitely I was happy to wait a little while. Oh yes I didn’t think about it like that the people who have enquired before me, I already could be far down the list of people she needs to get back to!
  • Lucy
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the reply! Definitely, that would be so stressful!
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's exactly how I would be, in honesty if the one on Saturday doesn't work out I would still look for another as the original one seems to risky for me and doesn't deserve your business

• Lucy
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Success with the florist from Saturday! She was amazing, very professional and very helpful, great prices too! Emailed me over the quote within minutes of speaking to her! I have confirmed the booking 😃
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yay, I am so pleased you managed to sort it out! It is stressful, our cake maker pulled out last week, we are 3 months to the wedding and has been so hard to find anyone available but we have managed to get one who is actually way cheaper and I prefer her style so it all works out in the end!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics