Do I need a throw bouquet?
What is a corsage???

14 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 7 of February of 2022 at 18:49
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Corsage is normally worn by mother's of bride and groom so not normally something a brid bwears, unless you are not having a bouquet

Is up to you if you want to tossnyout bouquet. Personally I am not doing it as want to use my bouquet to have a resin made but also only 3 ladies at my wedding are single! You could get a cheap fake one to use in the toss if you want to do it
  • Hayley
    Dedicated August 2024 East Sussex
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you I dont know if I want to yet as my partner doesnt want someone to catch it and then get upset because they're single(or partner doesnt beleive in marriage) also only 2 women are single at mine I could throw 2 one at the single men one at the single ladies and if the two that catch it are around the same age then there you new relationship 🤣🤣🤣
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am the same opinion, I is an outdated tradition to be fair so that's why I am not bothering, but I like your thinking of sparking a new relationship 😂
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    🤣🤣 if it works then it works I suppose I'll ask my fiance when hes home from his adventure I think it's a funny idea 🤣
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    I’m not bothering with the bouquet toss or having a garter. We also aren’t having any best man or groomsmen and no speeches. I like that weddings can be much more personal these days and outdated traditions don’t have to be followed if you prefer not to.
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah thank you x

• Jess
    Dedicated October 2022 Worcestershire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content

Corsages are typically worn on the wrist so it's unlikely to be something you'll want.

Bouquet toss is entirely personal choice - I'm opting not to have it firstly because I think it's quite a sexist tradition but also, like Charlotte, I'd like to preserve my bouquet after the wedding.

The idea of having a fake bouquet to throw for some fun sounds good though if you wanted to keep the tradition.

• Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I'm not going to toss my bouquet - I'm going for artificial flowers all round, partly because you can keep them so don't want to mess it up by chucking it about! Similarly to a lot of comments, not many of my guestlist are single, so I wouldn't want them to feel like their was a spotlight on them and equally wouldn't want to put any pressure on someone in a relationship but not yet engaged - generally think the likelihood is in tossing it someone will feel awkward so I'd rather not!

I'm umming and erring about corsages for the mums and FSIL actually! Like Jess says they are typically worn on the wrist, so kinda like the female version of the buttonhole. We're having buttonholes made up for the the groom, best man, ushers, and the dads, so I'm thinking it might be quite nice for the mums to have something too (and FSIL as she's not a bridesmaid but my brother is an usher, so if the mums have something I don't want her to be the only immediate family member without something).

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That makes sence, I was thinking more of sparking a new relationship between a male and female or even male and male female and female like throw the bouquet to the single women if they are a straight woman then throw a bouquet to the men and see how it goes

And as for corsages I'm so confused still on what they even are haha..
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you and yeah I dont know if I want wither need to talk to h2b
  • Anonbride
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s a cute idea but my mind always goes to worst case scenario - like what if one of them is keen and the other is like noooo 😂

Corsages are kinda like a big flowery bracelet, if that makes sense?!
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    😂😂😂 good point but I'll talk to h2b also depends on if they are still single 😂

And maybe no corsages then we have enough floral ideas for the day
  • Anonbride
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah if you think any combination would see the fun go for it, but if someone’s likely to get uncomfortable I’d maybe avoid 😬

Flowers get so expensive so anything you’re not fussed about I wouldn’t bother!
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Corsages are the female version of the male buttonhole. It can be worn as bracelet instead of on clothes.

A corsage is worn on the right hand side which is opposite to the mens buttonhole on the left. The corsage is also usually built in such a way that it hangs down because of this you will struggle to get it to sit right if you try and fit it (what you think is the right way up )

They are usually bigger than the male buttonhole

They can also be fitted to a handbag / clutch bag

Here is a typical corsage if you tried to pin it "up" then it will flop over.

Flowers 1

Here is a bracelet one

Flowers 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics