Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Savvy September 2023 Derbyshire

Flowers

Emily, 30 of October of 2022 at 07:22 Posted on Planning 1 6
Hi all, we're on a lower budget for flowers and I don't know where to start. I need fake/dried due to allergies but don't know if its worth ordering online and doing some DIY or finding something local (Nottingham) to do them!

6 replies

Latest activity by Alex, 2 of February of 2024 at 16:55
  • Lauren
    Savvy September 2023 West Midlands
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, I am fairly new on her getting married September 2023 i found I wanted something really different so I found a lady that does some out of paper with gems or without I don't know your budget but I've had 2 bridesmaid bouquets and 1 bride bouquets 6 buttonholes and as I have a 3 year old I know she won't carry flowers so she is making me a flower head band and wrist coursage all for £230 she's on Facebook called Angel paper creations I will try and attach a photo for you(these are not my flowers just a sample of what she does)Flowers 1

Flowers 2

Flowers 3

• Emily
    Beginner June 2021 Derbyshire
    Emily ·
    • Hide content

Ok, so when we got married my partner and I were on a silly low budget. What we did was plan around the flowers that were in season. As we got married in April Daffodils were the flowers of choice, vibrant and bright and when added with hawthorn or elderberry blossom it really worked. We asked friends and family to help and we ended up with some stunning flowers for our wedding day that didn't cost anything, just a bit of time and some ribbon.

• A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

We're going artificial due to cost - quoted c£500k for a moongate arch, bouquets, buttonholes and corsages vs. £2000+ from a real flower florist!

The artificial florist we're using is amazing - she's called EmilyRoseEventsHire on instagram if you want to look for inspo and honestly so many of her creations are indistinguishable! I was so impressed when I visited her studio and saw them up close too. She also gave some great advice to avoid non-naturally occuring colours e.g. teal flowers don't exist in nature, so if someone requests teal roses they will always look fake, whereas white or red roses will look much more convincing. She's not local to you but I recommended her to someone else on this sub who wasn't local and she was able to ship stuff - don't know if it'll help to reference me if you did want to talk to her but you're welcome to, I'm Chloe getting married at Carbis Bay in July 2023 Smiley smile

• Km86
    Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire
    Km86 ·
    • Hide content

I had a recommendation for Adas flowers and gifts on Facebook/etsy, my friend used them for her bouquet and bridesmaids bouquets and said they were fantastic, I've emailed the lady myself and she's really helpful

• Z
    Beginner December 2022 Cardiff
    Zoe ·
    • Hide content
    I really love the happy blossoms https://thehappyblossoms.com/
    Their wedding stuff is a bit pricey but no reason you can’t use any of their other flowers
  • M
    Beginner March 2023 Monmouthshire
    Moniquemo4 ·
    • Hide content

Thnks for sharing this informationSmiley love

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics