Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Flowers!!!

30 of August of 2017 at 09:58 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi, be gentle with me - first post!

I've watched every possible wedding programme on TV over the last few years and knew roughly what to expect costing-wise for most wedding related things. Most venues list packages, photographers/videos tend to list costs as do cars etc. Wedding dresses I know from Say Yes To The Dress ? and a few other bits...

However... I have literally zero idea on the cost of flowers for a wedding?! I will have my bouquet, 5 bridesmaids, 5 best men, 2 dads and a groom. Plus some for the church and centrepieces.

Can anyone give me a rough idea? It's funny how cagey friends get about telling you costs - I don't want to judge; just need an idea to plan into the budget!

Thanks everyone xx

11 replies

Latest activity by Global, 21 of January of 2023 at 04:38
  • E
    Beginner October 2017
    ExpensiveYellowConfetti904 ·
    • Hide content

Depends on your florist I'm afraid!

I'm using a family friend who is a florist - she is charging £80 for my bouquet, £10 for flower girls £5.50 per button hole, Ladies corsages we're between £10-£20 each due to whether they were getting a wrist one or a pin or a bag one. I'm not having flower centre pieces or anything as the venues is perfect as it is.

It also depends on the types of flowers you want to use and how the florist sources them.

My friend paid £7000 for flowers for her full venue!!

• E
    Beginner October 2017
    • Hide content

I think they're afraid to say unless you choose your flowers first as they range in cost massively!

If you're after traditional flowers have you seen the M&S range? They look lovely if its the traditional style you're after and not too costly x

• E
    Beginner October 2017
    • Hide content

Me too!

You want something special and just for you don't you? x

Good luck in your search and retrieving those elusive quotes!

• F
    Savvy July 2018
    FutureMrsT123 ·
    • Hide content

Whereabouts are you based? My florist is really reasonable and does lovely arrangements, mine should come in at around £600 all in, for bridal bouquet, six bridesmaids bouquets, six buttonholes, two corsages plus centrepieces and doorway flowers. However others were quoting about £1500 so it really does vary!

• M
    Beginner May 2019
    MrsT2019 ·
    • Hide content

I've found that some places are better at giving very rough estimates if you specify what you want. I've asked for white/cream seasonal flowers with some greenery and been able to get very, very rough quotes of around £****. That's for my bridal bouquet (around £150), 6 bridesmaid bouquets (around £50 each), 2 flower girl posies (about £20 each), 6 groomsmen buttonholes, grooms button hole and FOB and FOG buttonholes (about £6 each), plus 10 low wreaths (about £50 each) and some decorations for the venue (about £200). However, I'm aware that I'm getting a lot of flowers and these costs are for London based florists which always cost a lot more!

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Try and pick flowers that are in season that should be less expensive.

• F
    Savvy July 2018
    FutureMrsT123 ·
    • Hide content

Ah I'm in Sussex so maybe my florist isn't ideal! I would have thought things would be cheaper up north too so you may have more luck than if you were down here/London way

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Sheffield bride, which florist are you looking at? I'm going wholesale at the flower market and my nan's arranging them.

• N
    Beginner September 2018
    Nicolab86 ·
    • Hide content

I messaged a few florists with what I needed along with a few pinterest ideas I had and the quotes varied a lot. Also look a their previous work and see if you can get any reccomendations from local facebook wedding groups. X

• L
    Beginner September 2017
    LuxuriousYellowDiamonds486 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married next week (EEK) and my florist bill is £401 (Sussex).

That is for my 'waterfall' bouquet, 3 bridesmaids, 1 flower girl, 3 page boys, 2 mother corsages, 2 father button holes, 2 best men, 5 ushers, groom, ceremony table flowers, 12 simple center pieces, and cake flowers, and 2 bouquet gifts for each mother.

Our center pieces are 3 jam jars each table (X12) that I have wrapped lace/ribbon around

Depends on which flowers you like/want/choose though, I love gerberas and daisies so that is what I've got...and whether you ask for a discount! I haven't paid the full/first quoted price for a single part of our wedding.

• G
    Florida
    Global ·
    • Hide content

Bridesmaid bouquets are typically smaller versions of the bride's bouquet, and are carried by the bridesmaids during the wedding ceremony. They are often made up of similar flowers and colors as the bride's bouquet and are designed to complement the bride's bouquet and overall wedding theme. Some popular flowers used in bridesmaid bouquets include roses, lilies, peonies, and hydrangeas. They can be arranged in a variety of styles such as round, cascading, or hand-tied. Bridesmaid bouquets can be made of fresh flowers or silk flowers and can be accessorized with ribbons, beads, or even brooches to match the theme of the wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics