Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2016

Flowers! (Argh!) Cost.....!

LiverpoolB2B, 5 of February of 2016 at 12:29 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi All,

I know this is probably been asked a million times but I'm trying to work out what I'm going to be looking at to spend on my flowers.

I've paid a nominal deposit to a lady who is very well known in my area, and does incredible flowers and honestly her work is amazing but a few people have recently said oh she's not cheap etc...

Now I know she isn't going to be Aldi priced for M&S standard, but we haven't worked out individual costs yet, that will happen when I meet her in March but I wondered if anyone can tell me what they spent on flowers, roughly? (Pics would be fab if you have them too!)

I think I'm looking at so far;

1 x Bridal Bouquet, 5 x Bridesmaids Bouquets

2 x Mother's Corsages, and a further best woman corsage.

5 x Buttonholes.

4 x tall flowers to go around gold candelabra's.

5 x low centrepieces

1 x large display on the centre table in the hall of the reception

4 x small outside table posies

Petals for the Aisle

I'm thinking a mix of Peonies with lots of cheaper smaller flowers, and lots of olive tree leaves/stalks, and eucalyptus leaves.

I have a budget of £1000-£1500 so I hope I can get what I want from that but I'm not sure it'll stretch!

9 replies

Latest activity by Mrsjones2024, 7 of February of 2016 at 10:31
  • S
    Beginner September 2017
    Sorbet ·
    • Hide content

How and why would you pay a deposit without knowing prices?

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257 ·
    • Hide content

It really depends on the flowers that you choose. You will lower the cost just by choosing cheaper flowers or flowers that are in season.

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

i I have just received a quote of £1600 for something very similar. I am having roses, peonies, hydrangeas, gypsophilia, astrantia and eucalyptus. That is for four bridesmaids bouquets, my bouquet, seven button holes for the men and pageboy, one flower girl posy, three button holes for the mums, rose petals for the aisle, fresh rose petal confetti, a flower arch arrangement for the ceremony and 8 chair ends. Inside, I have 10 floral centrepieces with vases I get to keep (so that I can give the centrepieces or guests to take away with them) and a long floral top table arrangement.

Hope this helps X

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    Mrswilltobe17 ·
    • Hide content

I think you need to add your florist what her prices are, I think what you're looking for could be perhaps pushing 2k xx

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

I'm having similar to you and paying £1500. Does seem a bit bizarre that they would ask for a deposit before providing a quote.

• L
    Beginner March 2016
    LuxuriousGoldDiamonds273 ·
    • Hide content

Hi I have very similar arrangements to you and mine is costing £1500 however I went for one of the cheapest quotes as she is someone not as experienced as some of the other florists I met with. For other better florists I was quoted up to £2500. You really need to get a quote from her for your requirements, I'm really surprised she hasn't given you that before asking for a deposit!

• L
    Beginner June 2016
    LiverpoolB2B ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the reply ladies!

I think that was the standard process for my florist, we pay a minimal deposit to secure the date and then she discussed approximate amounts as in bouquets start from £75 etc but there was no specifics re flowers or anything!

i won't get final figures until I go back really!

• B
    Beginner February 2016
    BearFeb2016 ·
    • Hide content

I'd be nervous booking and paying a deposit for someone who hasn't given me a final quote!

We got a couple of different quotes but opted for the more expensive florist as I liked her and she got what we were after!

We are having roses, eucalyptus foliage, baby's breath and thistles

1x bridal bouquet

5x BM

1x Flowergirl

3x corsages

8x button holes

10x centre pieces

1x top table display

3x thank you bouquets

£600-£650 dependant on market rates

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

That still sounds like a really weird arrangement. I've never heard of a supplier taking a deposit to "secure the date" before discussing prices. I know some make-up artists take deposits before doing trials, but they still give you a price before booking.

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I met with another florist yesterday who suggested lots of lovely ideas which were cheaper and which I actually ended up preferring. That has got my price down from £1600 (my first quote) to £1120! This will leave money in the budget for chair ribbons and room decorations etc which I'm really pleased about.

I would suggest meeting up with your florist asap so that you can get a quote. How much deposit did you pay her? X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics