Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner September 2013

flowers for hair... how???

hanrh, 9 August, 2012 at 09:29 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all,

I have found this image of a hair style i just LOVE!

Has anyone got any ideas on how or where i might source flowers that would be suitable for this sort of style? would the be real or artificial? how would they stay in the hair?

Thank you, Hannah ❤️

3 replies

Latest activity by Mrs C, 9 August, 2012 at 13:01
  • ladyzoot
    Beginner August 2012
    ladyzoot ·
    • Hide content

Wow that does look gorgeous! When I asked my florist about flowers for bridesmaids hair she said it wasn't a good idea in the summer as the flowers quickly wilt on a hot head! So maybe artificial would be better, but I'm sure some florist HIBs will be able to advise you.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

That would be very easy to do for your florist. Basically the plait around the head will hold the flowers in place. They can either be clipped in with a normal hair coloured grip or they can be individually wired so that your hairdresser can tweek the flowers to stay in exactly the place you would like them. You could have fresh flowers as long as they are hardy i.e., strong flowers that can withstand being out of water for a fair few hours such as spray roses, miniature orchids, spray carnations, button chrysanths etc. Flowers to avoid would be delicate flowers such as freesia, large open roses, anenomes etc. Basically, the tighter the petals, the longer lasting the flower will be. The fluffy flower on your photo looks like gypsophilia which is OK ish but some varieties of gyp smell quite badly. The best gyp which is usually used for wedding work is the least smelly though. You can also have artificial flowers too which work in the same way i.e., wired individually and just clipped into the hair or if you are having an 'up do' instead of a style like the above, they can be just slotted into the hair where you want them. Another alternative is the complete circlet which you wear either across the forehead or on the back of the crown of the head. These are popular for country style weddings and can be made in either fresh or artificial. Here's a couple of full bridal circlets I've done:-

They can be made as chunky or as slimline as you would like by your florist.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I had a single flower in my hair, it was artificial and attached to a single hair pin...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics