Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

WickyWack
Beginner July 2013

Flowers in August/September

WickyWack, 9 May, 2012 at 11:27 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hello again!!

Anyone clued up on flowers? My theme is blue and vintage and I would like very relaxed medowy/country style flowers that are blue.

Is this possible and what would be available. I'm going to see a florist in the near future but would like to go with a bit of reseach behind me!

Thank you!

Wickywack!

9 replies

Latest activity by irrelephant, 11 May, 2012 at 11:24
  • hannah22
    Beginner August 2012
    hannah22 ·
    • Hide content

What about blue hydrangeas?

heres some picures i found on google

• Jalapeno
    Beginner October 2012
    Jalapeno ·
    • Hide content

I'm blue too and my florist recommended Eryngium which comes in a nice blue but it's a bit thistle-y. Not sure if that's what you want. I'd post a pic but I'm new and at work and don't know how to do it!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married in October, and blue is quite a difficult colour to get. The flowers in season in September are: Anemone, Asters, Hydrangea and Iris.

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

Hi. August will get late summer flowers. Hopefully September too. I know that roses are all year round & can be very vintagey. I like hydrangeas & they come in blues & purples (& pinks, whites & greens) & fit with vintage theme.. There will be a variety of daisy type flowers which are meadowy. Sweet peas are available in August & are quite pretty & smell lovely. Same goes for freesias & lily of the valley.

Anenomes which come in purples & a variety of other bold colours. Also lavendar is bluey/purple. Do you need definite blues or are shades of purples okay too? Love-in-a-mist is a nice blue & veronica comes in blue/purple shade.

I keep looking up this kind of thing for our September wedding. We'd like vintage / meadow, kind of natural & a bit DIY eg jam jars for vases etc.

Delphiniums come in blue. They are tall & magnificent looking but can be incorporated to reduce that structured look? I think cornflowers may be in season too.

I'm sure your florist will have some ideas too. Good luck x

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

How about blue corn flowers mixed with grasses and daisys i think that is quite medowy

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Blue is a difficult colour to get in august/september. We're having silk flowers so that we can have the country bouquet type.

For blue flowers i would suggest:

hydrangea

lavender

muscari

cornflower

forget me not

trachelium

hyacinth

iris

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

I'm having some blue flowers for my September wedding. We're having delphinium and gentiana.

• flowersbychitra
    flowersbychitra ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I'm a florist and flowers for August/September are great. You can use freesia, hydrangea, roses, thistles, lavender, asters and astrantia.... cornflowers (not sure about availability). Most of thesewill come in a blueish purple. You can also add herbs like rosemary. Dahlias and are becoming popular for meadowy boquets. Another idea that you put something like twine on the handle or incorporate blueinto the handle.

Take a look at the links below for some inspiration.

Hope it helps

http://pinterest.com/flowersbychitra/floral-style/

http://pinterest.com/pin/174373816792598508/

https://www.facebook.com/flowersbychitra

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You must be a HIB to advertise your own business. Please read the forum rules.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics