Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emma
Beginner September 2024 Worcestershire

Flowers - prices

Emma, 13 of October of 2022 at 21:15 Posted on Planning 1 11
Hi all, would anyone mind sharing roughly how much they are paying for (real) flowers from a florist? We are using a local florist that my fiancé always uses when he buys me flowers. Before we sit down and discuss what we would like, it would be useful to understand how much wedding flowers usually cost so we can be realistic about what we can get with our budget! Grateful for any info, even if it’s cost of just one bouquet etc. Thank you😊

11 replies

Latest activity by Kayle, 17 of July of 2023 at 08:47
  • C
    Savvy October 2024 Kent
    Crystal ·
    • Hide content
    This is what I’m currently looking at. Fake ones seem alot cheaper!
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    The individual items on our quotes varied quite a bit from place to place. Some would charge lots for the bridal bouquet (I saw anything between £65 - £150) but then their table decorations and/or moon arch would be really reasonable and vice versa.
    Also it really depends what kind of flowers you want and whether they grow at that time of year, and whether you just want bouquets & buttonholes, or whether you also want wedding decor to some degree.

Ours is about £1k, for my bouquet, 2x bridesmaids bouquets, 4 x buttonholes, 2x “Door uprights”, registry/top table arrangement, and then the decor for the aisle/6x tables, and she also does the venue styling for us (so sorts any lanterns/candles etc. that we want put out). It also includes transport and 2x “styling days” at her studio ahead of the day, to work through everything we want in more detail. This is all done in a natural, lots of foliage/wildflower theme, rather than the traditional roses/carnations you typically see, and is using flowers natural to the time of year.
    If we’d have gone artificial, we’d have had to do it ourselves, as there was no-one remotely near Anglesey that could do what we wanted with artificial flowers. As a non-creative type, it sounded fun for all of about a day, and then I realised how stressful I’d find it, to do it myself.
    Hope you find what you’re looking for and don’t be worried about shopping round till you find a florist that just gets what your vision is Smiley smile
  • R
    Savvy November 2022 Norfolk
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content

Mine is pretty similar to Lisa's - Although we're having more bits for the bridal party (3 bridesmaid bouquets, 14 buttonholes) and less actual decor. I think the key thing with a real florist is that they're also real people and understand that you might not have an unlimited budget. I avoided a couple that said they had a minimum spend that was bigger than my budget, but otherwise, we just said what our budget was and asked what we'd be able to get for that money. We chose to go for non-floral table arrangements because we could spend the floral budget on things that were more important to us, for example. Hope this helps Smiley smile

Also, for reference, my bridal bouquet is £115, bridesmaids are £85 each and buttonholes are £10, although as other people said, it's quite variable and often it all balances itself out in the end. A very very few florists actually have price lists on their website!

• Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    Flowers - prices 1
    Flowers - prices 2

Flowers - prices 3

I got two quotes for ours, one was the lady recommended by the venue and one was a neighbour who has her own florists business. I agree that some items were more expensive but it ended up only being a few hundred pounds difference. I ended up going with my neighbour who has now become a friend! She charged £75 for my bouquet , £40 for my chief BM, my others BMs were juniors so we went for a wrist corsage at £20 each which was more in keeping with my 50s vibe. We had flowers for the top table and she used the lanterns from the aisle for centrepieces with some additional foliage. We didnt have any flower arches but we decorated the external staircase and balcony. We had 3 buttonholes and 2 mum corsages. This was all seasonal white, ivory and pale blue real flowers (except balcony). She did this for less than £900 which was an absolute bargain considering I’m in Surrey! She asked me what my budget was and worked towards that which was great. It can be done at reasonable value. Our venue still looked fab in my opinion even without arches and flower walls which are know are the trend! Flowers - prices 4
    Flowers - prices 5

• Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    I paid c£600 for my bouquet, 3 x junior BM bouquets, some gypsophilia hair clips, 9 x buttonholes (2 juniors), 7 table arrangements, decoration for the arch under which we got married (photos below) and a couple of extra vases for the bar area.

Our florist was recommended by the venue, I liked her (and her previous work) and the prices were good so I didn’t get any other quotes. She worked within my budget and had some creative ideas in case we’d had to have moved the wedding inside.Flowers - prices 6
    Flowers - prices 7
    Flowers - prices 8

• Emma
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s useful to know, thank you!
  • Emma
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That makes sense, thanks!
  • Emma
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your flowers are beautiful! Thank you, that’s good to know.
  • Emma
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Also beautiful flowers! That’s useful, thanks
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

We just had a bouquet for me and a buttonhole for my OH and it was £57.50 for the two. It does depend on time of year and also the type of flowers you want though.

Flowers - prices 9

• Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

We were after a moongate floral arch, bouquet for me, 3 bouquets for bridesmaids, and 9 buttonholes... quoted over £2k from a real flower florist and about £500 for fake!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics