Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2011

Flowers with BM dresses...Advice please!

engaged2011, 27 of January of 2012 at 21:27 Posted on Planning 0 5

HI!

I have ordered some BM dresses and I am happy with a duck egg blue theme, I was going to go with orchids as my flowers but it is working out really expensive. So know I want a wild flower theme for bouquet and table centres, as I want my day to look really informal and natural, but I am struggling to find insipration for a bunch that will go with these dresses...

Any advice??

Thanks, Clare xx

5 replies

Latest activity by Barefoot, 28 of January of 2012 at 19:21
  • E
    Beginner August 2011
    engaged2011 ·
    • Hide content

Would these go?

perhaps less blue and more white for them and more blue for me against my ivory dress?!

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

Yes I think they would go with the dresses. Looks nice x

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I think they will go but when I looked at the dresses the 1st thing that came to mind was large white daisy type flowers, don't know why

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Aqua is a shade that isn't available in fresh flowers but the bouquets in your photos would go well. Another option would be to use a contrast colour rather than try to get a close match and lemons or pinks look good with aqua. There are lots of 'wild looking' flowers in lemons and a few in pinks. Daisy type flowers such as September flower, gerbera, cosmos flower and some varieties of chysanthemum will also look good as 3D mentioned. These are about the nearest matches to wild daisies (wild flowers aren't available commercially) that you could have. The scabious which is the pale blue round flower in your photos is also available in white commercially.

• Flawless Weddings
    Flawless Weddings ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Rainbow flowers that maybe you shouldnt try and match the colour (although those bouquets are lovely!)

Palest corals/peach roses, soft lime greens viburnum mixed with september flower(above) and veronica(top right) and grasses for your bouquets.

You can add things like white stocks(great scent) and white santini chrysanth(tiny daisies- really cute) for your table centres etc

Slightly country but very classy......

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too! Daisies were my first thought, and fit the "wildflower" requirement Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics