Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner July 2024 Surrey

Flying with a Wedding Dress

Nicola, 25 of April of 2024 at 12:01 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 1
Hi all, looking for some advice or simply to put my mind at ease. Getting married in Turkey in July this year and now I am having all sorts of panic about transporting my wedding dress lol.
I obviously forgot I was getting married in Turkey when I chose my dress as it is a full dress with about 5 layers of skirt and a corset top 🤣
Has anyone got any experience of flying with a full dress with easyJet, did you buy a specific wedding box or did you get in packed in a large cabin case? Any other advice for packing the dress appreciatedI really don’t want to check my dress in the hold for obvious reasons.Thanks in advance for your help.

1 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 12 of May of 2024 at 14:03
  • S
    Savvy May 2024 Bedfordshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Nicola,
    I just took mine in a dress box, though cabin suitcase will work just as good, the box was the same dimensions! When you get to Turkey just get it out as soon as you arrive and hang it in its dress bag. The hotel we stayed at steamed the dress for me on the day so any creases were sorted. Nothing to worry about just definitely try to take it with you as a carry on dont risk it with hold! My husband also took his suit in its suit bag as a carry on as well as a backpack and laid it over my box in the overhead compartment. No one said anything so all good!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics