Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

~Curley~
Beginner August 2014

Foam Flowers

~Curley~, 26 of January of 2014 at 18:24 Posted on Planning 0 1

To save money I have been thinking of doing my own flowers. I have been advised that foam flowers are the way forward. I have looked at Village Green and the prices are very reasonable. The only thing is.....I dont know how much i would need and i am not very crafty so abit scared that they will turn out rubbish and i would have wasted loads of money.

Anyone done this and got any tips or advice?

1 replies

Latest activity by MissFairytale, 29 of January of 2014 at 20:12
  • BubblesKM
    Beginner October 2014
    BubblesKM ·
    • Hide content

I am having foam/silk flowers as it works out so much cheaper and I still get the flowers I want. My friend did her own but she researched. Depending on the type of bouquet you want depends on how you place the flowers. check out YouTube as thee are tutorials on there.

the company we are using are called silk blooms and they match the colours to whatever you want xx

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MissFairytale ·
    • Hide content

I used county baskets for my foam flowers. First buy your oasis dry foam so like a 5cm belle for bridesmaids and then measure your flower heads then 7cm belle for you and get a teardrop one if you want flowers hanging from it. Any top table decs or church flowers can be done on a oasis ring and put candles in the middle and it saves on flowers you could even add fairy light. Button holes are just a flower and say a plastic fern(bay) etc stems wrapped in wire and wrapped with green florist tape, I added a silver wire with a pink pearl then a silver then a pink but spaced out and wrapped it over the rose head, I made 3 bm bouquets and mine and 9 buttonholes so far and bms cost appox 10 each to make so 30 but on ebay they were 30 each lol and mine are nicer.. Buttonholes appox 1pound each, I think ebay were 3 to 4 pound each. my bouquet cost me appox 20pounds and should of been well anything from 40 to 120 pounds. whatever you make use a glue gun to hold each flower in. Utube will show you where to start on bouquets. Dry oasis is very weak so what i did was cut the stalks down to just enough to stick in the oasis and put each flower in carefully then remove a few and put back in with glue. They are very simple and quick to make, Do yours last as you will be better at it by then. bouquet handles are covered with ribbon gems etc and you can even buy covers to cover under the belle if you want. Any flower girls you could buy plain basket and wrap the handles with ribbons etcxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics