Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner September 2025 Derbyshire

Food

Kayleigh, 4 of December of 2023 at 11:52 Posted on Planning 0 9
I’m getting married and I’ve gone for a two course meal, so we will get a hot dinner and a pudding for after the ceremony .
I was going to have a buffet at the night time, but I decided to have a barbecue package instead just a basic barbecue package, you get burgers, hotdogs, buns bacon onions, cheese and sauce and salad is this okay for evening food? as I can’t help but overthink it and think it’s not enough but I’m already spending so much on the two course meal in the afternoon so I’m trying to work it out to be a bit cheaper for myself

9 replies

Latest activity by InfoHills, 18 of March of 2024 at 14:17
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    That sounds great!
    Some people may not eat at all in the evening, after being full from dinner but those that want - BBQ food is always a safe bet for most people. Also worth remembering to only cater to about 70% of your guests in the evening, between people heading home and/or not being hungry after dinner, you aren’t gonna need to cater for everyone Smiley smile
  • K
    Beginner September 2025 Derbyshire
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes this what I thought aswel 😊
  • David
    Beginner January 2024 Lancashire
    David ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! A barbecue for the evening sounds like a fun, casual option. Burgers, hot dogs, salads etc. should be perfectly fine, especially if people will still be full from the afternoon meal. The best part is really spending time with your loved ones. Try not to stress and enjoy your special day!

• E
    Curious July 2023 North Yorkshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content

Hello

We had a sit down two course meal at day reception & evening meal was bacon / sausage buns and fries & slaw. Went down a treat!

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I think it’ll be plenty. Especially if you end up having a wedding cake also?
  • J
    Beginner January 2024 New Mexico
    Josef ·
    • Hide content

Apologies for the oversight! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Your plan for a two-course meal followed by a barbecue package sounds delightful. A barbecue spread with burgers, hotdogs, and an assortment of toppings and salads is a fantastic choice for the evening celebration. It's natural to consider budgeting, especially after investing in a lovely two-course meal earlier in the day. Your decision to balance cost while offering delicious options shows thoughtfulness. On a side note, have you considered exploring the best Mexican breakfast in San Antonio for any pre-wedding festivities? The city offers a delightful array of flavorful morning options that could add a vibrant touch to your celebration! Wishing you a wonderful wedding day filled with joy and fantastic food moments!

• S
    Central & Glasgow
    Sunny ·
    • Hide content

Wow, that's a lot of food. Your menu selection is impressive and might be more than your guests can enjoy. Don't stress over the meal, it's perfect. Simply enjoy your wedding day.
    And yeah, congratulations. May you have a blessed life ahead.

• Chelsey
    Beginner June 2026 Staffordshire
    Chelsey ·
    • Hide content
    BBQ sounds delicious!
  • D
    Beginner July 2015 East London
    Dane ·
    • Hide content

Your barbecue package idea for the evening sounds perfect! After a two-course meal, guests will likely appreciate the more relaxed and casual option of a barbecue. It's a great balance between offering enough food without going overboard. Plus, barbecue food like burgers, hotdogs, and salads are crowd-pleasers and create a fun, laid-back atmosphere for your reception. Don't worry too much – it sounds like you've thought this through well and are making great choices for your special day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics