Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2017

Food after the ceremony

Slink, 19 of January of 2017 at 05:16 Posted on Planning 0 6

We get married at 12pm and our guests will be seated for the wedding breakfast at 2pm. I can't decide if we need to provide food in this gap for guests.

I keep thinking that if I was a guest I'd be having breakfast at 8ish and that seems like a really long time to go without. OH said if they're hungry they'll get some crisps from the bar.

What we would get if we did decide to provide food is an extra £600 and I just can't decide if people would need some kind of snack in this time or not.

6 replies

Latest activity by StarCRM, 21 of January of 2017 at 14:45
  • BrideintheToon
    Beginner September 2017
    BrideintheToon ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you'll need to provide anything for that short a time. I've got a similar gap but I think the time will pass quickly with post-ceremony drinks and group photos. If you think about a normal day, having lunch at 2pm is a little late but not that unusual.

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at 1pm and not sitting down to eat until 3.30 so we are having canapés as my guess is no one will have lunch and they will all be starving!

With your timings I don't think I'd worry- most people will be happy to have a late lunch! If it's really worrying you maybe see if your venue will provide 'nibbles'- we had this option- crisps, nuts, cheese straws and olives I think, for about £2 per person.

• T
    Beginner April 2017
    TashAndOwl ·
    • Hide content

I think as a guest at a midday wedding I would realise I wasn't going to get fed at 12.30 and would have a later or bigger breakfast. Even if people don't then they'll be caught up in the activity of the wedding and will likely lose track of time enjoying themselves rather than clock watching (or so we all hope!!). The nibbles option suggested above might work well as a compromise if your venue can do it.

• S
    Beginner May 2017
    Slink ·
    • Hide content

I hadn't thought about bar snack type nibbles so I'll have to ask about that. Thanks for the reassurance our guests won't be ready to eat us by 2pm!

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Agree with TashandOwl, you won't need to do nibbles or canapés. We had those timings and it flew by.

• S
    Beginner November 2016
    StarCRM ·
    • Hide content

2pm is totally fine; many people don't have lunch until 2pm. We had canapes but only because we weren't eating until 5pm. With your timings, there's no need to provide anything in such a short gap.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics