Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Steph
Beginner September 2021 Staffordshire

Food and Timings.........

Steph, 16 of May of 2021 at 18:33 Posted on Planning 0 4

Our date was originally booked for September 2020 and the timings for the ceremony leading into the evening reception were perfect. However, now we have moved our date to September this year, the ceremony is now 2 hours earlier at 2pm.

My dilemma is with regard to food and RSVPs... I have already been provided with ideas on food that can be provided rather than a full 3 course dinner to keep people hunger free, but I need some ideas on what to ask on my RSVPs so that I know who wants to stay to have food and drinks and who may need to go home and come back to the evening reception from 7pm. I appreciate that some may need to sort out childcare, see to pets or just simply rest their feet up and freshen up.

Any ideas on how I can word this?

Thanks in advance

4 replies

Latest activity by Steph, 16 of May of 2021 at 19:43
  • Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    I’m confused (which isn’t difficult!) are you not having a wedding breakfast and going from ceremony to evening reception?

• Steph
    Steph ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Melissa

Originally our wedding was at half 4, so by the time ceremony was over, photographs taken and wedding party arrived at venue, we had time for drinks and few more photographs and then the evening guests would be arriving so we weren't going to have a formal sit down wedding breakfast. We have a buffet booked for the evening reception. But now, because the wedding is at 2, I'm just a bit confused as to what to offer guests and how to ask if they actually want anything anyway!.

I think because everything is now a bit more rushed than last year, I'm getting myself in a bit of a panic about everything

• Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    Ah ok. Is your wedding taking place somewhere separate to your reception? Perhaps ask the reception venue if they can provide some canapés on arrival to tide guests over until the evening buffet (assuming they do in house catering?)
  • Steph
    Steph ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Melissa

The venue is separate from the ceremony. I am due to call them soon as I need to discuss the room decorations, so I'll find out what other options may be available for hot snacks, canapes etc

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics