Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2017

Food for the evening party

lucyjo, 16 of December of 2016 at 13:44 Posted on Planning 0 9

Has anybody had bacon rolls for their evening food? That's our plan at the moment, but I'm worrying that they won't be enough to fill up the evening guests. The day guests will have just had a big meal mid-afternoon, but will a bacon roll and some wedding cake be enough to keep the evening guests going for four hours? We're desperately trying to keep costs down so don't want to fork out for a full-on buffet if we can avoid it! What do you guys think?

9 replies

Latest activity by Mrs_Conduct, 20 of December of 2016 at 12:54
  • H
    Beginner May 2017
    HappyRedStationery700 ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure that will be fine! (Obviously accounting for any veggies etc if you have any attending). We've decided to order in a massive pizza takeaway for the evening to keep costs down, as we're doing afternoon tea at £20 a head for day guests, and don't have a very big budget. Once people have been drinking etc they'll not be overly fussed anyway, and not all evening guests expect food in my experience so seems daft to go overboard and end up throwing a lot away xx

• Shelly70
    Beginner July 2016
    Shelly70 ·
    • Hide content

We had bacon rolls and chips at my cousin's evening wedding reception. It went down a treat. Made a change from the usual buffet too.

• S
    Beginner January 2015
    SunnyOrangeCars190 ·
    • Hide content

I am doing the same as you bacon and sausage baps. Don't see the point in buffets they don't get eaten. At my mums wedding last year more than half the food was left and for my dad's 50th we only catered for 40 people when we had over 100 and only half of that was eaten.

• T
    Beginner April 2017
    TashAndOwl ·
    • Hide content

I've had and enjoyed them in the evening at a few weddings and never really felt the need for anything more.

Also I could really do with one right now...!

• H
    Beginner August 2017
    HappyGoldCars597 ·
    • Hide content

That's all we're having at ours next year! My mum got married last year and she had a buffet for her evening do, just sandwiches and bits. But it didn't get eaten! Some people picked at it but most were too full from the wedding breakfast. Just stick with the bacon rolls, they'll be more popular and you'll save money!

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

We're having bacon and sausages barms for the evening. Think it will be enough with wedding cake and sweets etc. We're having a cheese wedding cake too so didn't want too much food.

• F
    Beginner June 2017
    FutureMrsTz ·
    • Hide content

We're having buttered crumpets and cheese toasties Smiley smile we decided against having a buffet because when H2B brother got married a couple of years ago, they had a buffet and there was so much wasted food because people just didn't want to eat it.

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

We're having 'take away' stuff done by our venue. I'll be providing some boxes and they'll be doing pizza/veggie burgers/chips. Most of our guests are there in the day anyway so won't want anything big.

My sister had a full evening buffet and barely anyone touched it, and she had a lot of people just for just the evening!

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

Ooo I want your veggie option and I'm not veggie Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics