Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner

Food truck venues

LuxuriousOrangeStationery674, 27 of September of 2016 at 21:57 Posted on Planning 0 4

So my fiancee and I want to have food trucks at our wedding as we'd like to keep it pretty informal, and have seen a few threads on here with excellent advice about different companies and whatnot. However, none of them specify where their wedding actually was. Some venues are obviously not suitable (nice lawns tend not to agree with heavy tires), so can anyone who's had food trucks at their wedding tell us what the venue was? Many thanks in advance!

Mark

4 replies

Latest activity by Suzanne, 18 of February of 2022 at 08:23
  • NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

We worked at a reception venue in London near Tower Bridge where they had a rustic cobbled market street. It was called Rope Walk. There was a market in the street. When it closed, the street food vendors stayed on to cater for the wedding and they basically shut down the marquet street exclusively for the wedding. There was also an indoor venue on that street. We were there with our camper photobooth. I'd love to post a pic, but gave no idea how to do it from an iPhone on this forum...

• Becky
    Beginner August 2022 Northamptonshire
    Becky ·
    • Hide content
    Hi! I have just recently booked a food truck for my wedding in Northamptonshire this August. The truck itself might not be what you’re after as it’s fully vegan, but the site I booked it through was amazing! It’s called Feast It, and it appears to do multiple things though I only used it for food.
    After selecting ‘food’ all I had to do was select the type of event (wedding) what I was after (street food/caterer/private chef), enter the date of my wedding, the location of the venue and any dietary requirements, etc. and then I was actually sent quotes by individual vans (I had 5 in the first day and actually went with one of them, but you might get more I imagine). But you don’t have to rely on suppliers to contact you either, because you can just browse the suppliers yourself and request a quote if there’s a specific cuisine you’d like!
    I think Feast It add a 2.5% service fee as that was added to my quote, but it certainly makes it easy anyway.
  • Becky
    Beginner August 2022 Northamptonshire
    Becky ·
    • Hide content
    Just realised you were asking more about the venue than the trucks themselves! My venue is the Grangewood Residents Club in Northampton (close to home and is a grade II listed venue with a bar). We’re also going for an informal vibe, and it has an old pub type vibe but with the option of hiring the whole club. It has a little driveway by the garden which is where the van is going to park and the outhouse has electricity for them to hook up to so they don’t have to use a generator. Is definitely more a venue for smaller guest lists though. (I think we’re having about 70 in total for the reception)
    The don’t have a licence for the actual wedding though, so we’re having a registry wedding in the Guildhall about 10mins drive away.
  • S
    Savvy July 2022 Essex
    Suzanne ·
    • Hide content
    Hi

We’re having our humanist ceremony in our local pub, keeping everything informal as 2nd wedding for us both & a little older 😂 but not old! Pub has large a carpark, so works for us both venue & style. Enjoy x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics