Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner July 2014

Food/Snacks for drinks reception

cjones91, 11 of October of 2013 at 14:13 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi,

I have never posted on here before, I normally just read everyone elses ideas...but I am struggling with food or snacks to offer during the drinks reception- so that people don't waste away and wondered if anyone knew a company that would provide this? We are based in Hertforshire. Thanks x

9 replies

Latest activity by cjones91, 13 of October of 2013 at 18:01
  • Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Hi, welcome to hitched. Our caterers for the sit down meal are doing our canapés - is this an option for you? If not - try searching for some local caterers, you're likely to find one that can do it, but you might need to check your venue would be ok with that. Alternatively, your venue may be able to advise too.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

We just had crisps, olives and nuts as we were serving canapes in the evening.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is a really good idea - I didn't think of that

• ducks in a row
    Beginner June 2014
    ducks in a row ·
    • Hide content

I looked into getting a popcorn cart- its cheaper than canapes and can be quite fun. Google popcorn cart hire and there will prob be a company in your area if you're interested.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Hi and welcome to Hitched!

I think olives and crisps or something like that would be good. Just something for people to pick at.

I love eating things like Japanese rice crackers when having a drink or something I can just nibble on.

Where are you getting married? I'm from Hertfordshire too!

• Merigold
    Beginner June 2014
    Merigold ·
    • Hide content

We are going to have platters of rustic bread with olives and oils alongside our Pimms reception. The platters will also act as the starter which will follow with a main and desert.

Later there will be a few bacon butties to fill people before they go home.

• C
    Beginner July 2014
    cjones91 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone... many thanks fot your replies. I am getting married at chesfield downs golf club

We have a sit down meal and buffet in the eve.... just needed something for the drinks reception. Are peoples venues doing the bread and olives or are you doimg it yourselves? X

• C
    Beginner July 2014
    cjones91 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone... many thanks fot your replies. I am getting married at chesfield downs golf club

We have a sit down meal and buffet in the eve.... just needed something for the drinks reception. Are peoples venues doing the bread and olives or are you doimg it yourselves? X

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, nice. I've heard of that venue. Just north of hitchin?

We are paying for canapés but I think they put bowls of crisps or nibbles out as well. If they don't then we will ask them to.

• C
    Beginner July 2014
    cjones91 ·
    • Hide content

Yes north of hitchin. Where are you getting married xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics